Via provides the world's most innovative technology to help school districts & education stakeholders optimize their school bus routing & operations through our Via for Schools technology platform. As Technical Project Manager of our Via for Schools partnerships, including our project with the New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE), you will be responsible for managing the ongoing technical success of the largest school bus technology deal in North America.
You will be responsible for planning & managing R&D, including ensuring that projects are delivered on time & meet product definitions, quality, & technical requirements. You will be the main point of contact for our partners technical teams, & work closely with various Via internal teams, including Product, Engineering, QA, & Data Science to coordinate deliverables.
You wont be working from a playbook youll be writing it. The Technical Project Manager of Via for Schools role requires a combination of intelligence, creativity, & leadership that few possess. This is an opportunity for a truly outstanding technical project manager & entrepreneur to help build Vias newest business line & to shape the future of student transportation around the world. Youll need to be a skillful relationship builder, a technical infrastructure & product expert, & an exceptionally creative problem solver. We hope youre up for it!
What Youll Do:
- Oversee technical project management, working between our partners technical & IT teams & Vias internal cross-functional R&D team to manage all technical aspects of individual projects as well as the Via for Schools business line.
- Define key integrations between the Via system & our partners existing data & technical infrastructure, including input data, identity management, output data & downstream systems integrations.
- Manage our QA/testing & release schedule, & provide high-quality, comprehensive test result documentation to our partners.
- Lead technical security & approvals processes & coordinate the creation of technical documentation to meet project requirements.
- Build a deep & trusting long-term partner relationship with Via for School partners: identify partner pain points, & leverage deep product knowledge to distill requests & ideas into actionable next steps & technology features.
- Collaborate with Vias business development team to scope & design new school bus projects & develop the business line based on domain expertise. Leverage your understanding of Vias capabilities to inform the ongoing development of our Via for Schools product & technical strategy.
Who You Are:
- Independent self-starter: you thrive in fast-paced environments & feel comfortable with a very high level of responsibility. You can troubleshoot issues in real-time & oversee multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A savvy & tactful communicator with a demonstrated record of building & fostering durable business relationships; you intuitively find the right tone & feel comfortable working with people from a wide range of backgrounds. You remain calm & collected when facing crisis or criticism, & celebrate partners successes with them.
- A strong executor: you know how to prioritize & you get the job done while keeping the big picture firmly in mind
- A rounded technical expert: you understand various cloud technologies (AWS, Docker, Serverless, etc.) can work with Python/JS developers & are enthusiastic about system architecture, network protocols, security, design, testing, & performance.
- 5+ years of work experience in a technical role (software development, engineering, IT, technical project management) at a SaaS or technology company
- Earned a Bachelors Degree in a technical/STEM field, with a record of exceptional academic achievement
What Catches Our Eye:
- Bachelors Degree in a STEM field
- Demonstrated success in technical project or program management, especially at a growing startup
- Experience in or passion for education
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. Were committed to building & nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, & voices are welcomed & celebrated here.
Were proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution & modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems & sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.