Appian is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) who will deliver people & organizational solutions as a member of a newly formed HRBP function. This role offers the unique opportunity to help drive the impact of the HRBP function in a growing organization.
The HRBP will serve as a proactive consultant & adviser to business unit leaders in the effective management of their workforce through performance management, employee engagement, talent assessments, leadership development, succession planning & more. They will implement people & organizational solutions across the client group they support. They will measure/monitor the needs of employees & the leaders they support through effectively building & developing relationships across all levels of the organization. The HRBP will utilize diagnostics to address & understand organizational dynamics to align with the business environment, implement & refine long & short term continuous improvement initiatives while managing the day-to-day tactical issues & requirements. The successful HRBP will effectively interact with business leaders at all levels, possess excellent communication skills, strong business acumen & works effectively across multiple geographies.
Appian provides a software development platform that combines intelligent automation & enterprise low-code development to rapidly deliver powerful business applications. Many of the world's largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk & compliance.
- Build relationships with senior business leaders to offer thought leadership on organizational & people-related strategy & execution.
- Provide expertise & coaching in areas such as career planning, performance management, coaching, employee relations, learning & development, recognition, & strategic development.
- Function as a consultant & counselor to key leaders & their respective organizations; engage in strategic planning meetings to translate business needs into People plans.
- Develop & drive strategies to develop, engage & retain strong & diverse talent.
- Use & request data strategically. Identify & surface trends in both qualitative & quantitative data to help improve organizational health, understand when data will assist in making smart, informed decisions & to monitor the "pulse" of employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Identify & deploy impactful people strategies & policies that enable the organization to perform effectively & scale efficiently as it grows
- Lead the facilitation & management of all People programs within the department (performance reviews, employee surveys, development programs, etc.)
- Partner with global HRBP organization to ensure effective communications & delivery of HR programs globally.
- Partner with other People Team groups as a cross-functional team across Recruiting, L&D, Compensation, Legal, Employee Relations, Benefits on communications, projects & best practices. Collaborate with these teams to ensure high-quality implementation of critical operating rhythms such as performance management & compensation planning, leveraging resources as appropriate.
- Review & analyze data to identify trends & recommend solutions to improve the overall health of the organization & provide compensation support including salary planning, off-cycle salary actions, promotions, & job re-leveling/re-alignment.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business or another related field.
- 4+ years of experience in Human Resource management and/or business partner functions with particular experience in employee relations & leadership coaching. Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, & federal & state respective employment laws.
- Excellent business acumen
- An ability desire to drive deep on client issues provide thought leadership & drive impact/business outcomes
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.