Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
Team & Function Overview:
General Assembly (GA)s Enterprise (B2B) sales team has established a new Sales Strategy & Enablement function tasked with helping the business grow in a strategic, streamlined way & act as a multiplier for the sales teams effectiveness. The Sales Operations Manager role is an integral part of this function. With GAs recent acquisition, B2B sales strategy & synergies are a top priority for GA, & this role will have the opportunity to lead key work-streams & have direct interaction with the Enterprise General Manager & GAs c-suite execs.
This role will own & build out key pieces of the Sales Strategy & Enablement function, including:
- Develop, organize, & evolve a standard set of materials to be used by sales team members (e.g., sales slides, case studies)
- Develop, launch, & evolve delivery of on-boarding program for new sales team members & additional training touch points to advance their development
Go to Market Strategy
- Develop, document, & support processes to facilitate the GTM strategy (e.g., account planning processes, sales processes, tracking & accountability mechanisms)
- Lead analysis to support decisions regarding the GTM strategy & processes (e.g., territory planning & lead distribution)
Sales Monitoring, Insights, & Optimization
- Lead problem solving around challenges in efficiently capturing data (across sales, marketing, & product) develop supporting processes & implementation plans, & lead adoption of these processes
- Draw insights from trends in sales data (e.g., across industries, product disciplines & types, client personas, business problem types, sales cycle length, revenue) to optimize sales activities & support the sales team in adjusting processes to maximize these opportunities
- Support the alignment of systems & processes (e.g., performance management & sales compensation incentive plans) to support sales priorities
- Act as the point person for the B2B sales strategy function for critical cross-functional initiatives (e.g., working with the marketing team to maximize top-of-the-funnel activities & track their success, commercial & GTM models e.g., ecommerce, outbound regional sales)
Skills & Qualifications:
Our ideal candidates thrives toggling between big-picture, strategic thinking & rolling up their sleeves to structure & collaboratively implement an action plan to help our quickly growing organization move forward, all while using data to inform decisions along the way. Ideal skills include:
- Ability to seek, structure, & synthesize large amounts of qualitative & quantitative information to solve problems. As part of a new team in a rapidly growing & evolving organization, this role will be constantly charting new territory & will independently define ambiguous problems & structure solutions to them using inputs including large data sets, proactively gathering input from other GA colleagues, mobilizing relevant colleagues & structuring the group to jointly solve a problem, etc.
- Ability to logically gather - & analyze - large amounts of data. Building out - & using - our data is a big focus of the team. The Sales Operations Manager should be fluent with data cleaning techniques & advanced analysis skills (and ideally Excel, macros, Tableau, & potentially SQL) to be able to extract insights from this data.
- Stakeholder engagement sense. GA works in an agile fashion, continuously evolving processes across teams to increase our effectiveness. The ability to coordinate with other teams & ensure all relevant stakeholders have buy in on the teams initiatives is critical. The Sales Operations Manager will have the ability to quickly understand the stakeholder landscape in an organization, identify relevant stakeholders for a work-stream, & proactively engage them to ensure projects are successful.
- Balance of big picture & details. Because the Sales Operations Manager will lead multiple new initiatives, he/she will be able to think big picture to structure the work but also be able to get in the weeds to account for details to create simple, user-friendly processes & track & manage the execution of this work over time.
- Strong written communication, particularly the ability to create well-structured & visual powerpoint presentations for both internal leadership & external client audiences, including the creation of sales decks to tell GAs story to clients.
Nice to have:
- Sales or sales operations experience
- Problem Solving
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Process Management
- Written Communications
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Action Oriented