Glossier is a digital-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy & confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, & offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, & invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, & results-driven.
The Digital Production Artist, reporting to the Senior Manager, Production Design on the creative team, is responsible for producing pixel-perfect digital collateral & technical mechanicals, based on pre-defined visual language guides across various channels. Collateral will support both multi-channel product launch campaigns & the always-on Glossier Content Studio, a centralized group of multi-disciplinary creative talent who translate brand vision, strategy, & storytelling into culturally relevant assets for conversion & performance marketing, including video, print, merch, out-of-home large format imagery, & social (paid/organic) at Glossier campaign-level standards of quality.
This candidate understands design & type hierarchies with pixel-perfect execution, is comfortable working with precise technical specifications regarding image usage, creative dimensions, media & file formats, file sizes, image resolution, & copy styling. They are responsible for maintaining strict specifications for file naming conventions & file organization.
Although this role is more focused on digital & print collateral, the Production Designer should also be able to understand a broader scope of production, such as packaging, merch, & unboxing.
Six Month Expectations
- Responsible for versioning a variety of digital, print, & video collateral across various channels
- Proof files before print, & archive digital & print files in our system in an organized manner
- Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications
- Mechanicals for digital marketing promotional materials such as emails, banners & paid social performance assets (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Reddit, Snapchat, Twitter, etc)
- Print-ready mechanicals for publication print advertising (magazines, newspaper), print collateral, OOH / large format units, specialty print items
- Ability to communicate clearly & effectively with art directors, marketing managers, production managers, & vendors to develop & troubleshoot layout to mechanical execution process
- Problem-solve & think fast on your feet to deliver quick turnaround when required (often in 24 hours or less), ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in weekly status meetings
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Update & create new production design templates in Figma & Adobe Illustrator as needed
- Keep all team members up-to-date on any new templates or guidelines
- Advise other creatives on limitations/best practices for each type of produced asset
- Act as local guardian of brand guidelines
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise with both the creative team & the printer
- Liaison w/ external agencies + affiliate partners to create custom execution assets, for example landing pages for Pinterest
- Streamline & develop workflows for the production design team to better work with other members of the creative team, & cross-functionally
- Advanced computer application competency, specifically Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Keynote, & Project management software
- Strong sense of typography, image, & visual hierarchy
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative in a changing environment
- Understands color theory & how to adjust color correctly
- Strong understanding of digital & print file handling
- Pre-press experience
- Manage multiple projects & deliverables simultaneously
- Experience with color proofing, & fine print / exhibition quality digital printing
- Thorough understanding of print & digital mechanical specifications, ad material specs, color profiles & color CMYK & RGB color workflows
- Fastidious attention to detail, quality
- Have the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Process-oriented self-starter
- Up to date with new production techniques & trends through research & education
- Motion Graphics / experience with Adobe Premiere & After Effects a plus
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer & will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.