Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that you & your peers would love.
As a Senior Engineer on the Images Team, you would work on software to import, troubleshoot & monitor OS images & 1-Click Applications on the DigitalOcean cloud. The ideal candidate is familiar with different Linux flavors & the many applications we deploy on top of them. This is a central position & you would communicate with many teams at DigitalOcean.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Maintain & develop backend software that provides an API for creating & managing virtual disk images used on the DigitalOcean cloud.
- Working with upstream vendors & open source projects to ensure images run on DigitalOcean.
- Building & maintaining DigitalOcean internal & public images following best practices.
- Ensuring cloud-init compatibility on all images available on DigitalOcean.
- Keeping images up to date with latest updates, particularly security updates.
- Building & maintaining a build & test system for DigitalOcean images.
What Well Expect From You:
- A deep understanding & troubleshooting skills for Linux & BSD in a Cloud environment using cloud-init
- Expertise with at least one of the following languages/technologies: Golang, SQL, Python, Perl, Bash.
- Understanding & knowledge of virtualization & Virtual Machine image management (Such as Amazon EC2, Google Compute Engine, QEMU, VirtualBox, VMware)
- Expertise in Continuous Integration systems & automated testing. Preference for Jenkins & Concourse.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!