Recipe for Success-
The primary responsibility of the Transportation Safety & Compliance Manager will center around the development, implementation, training, periodic updating & auditing of a comprehensive Environmental Health & Safety program to ensure on the job safety of employees & environmental compliance. This person will manage plant safety programs to ensure a safe & accident-free work environment. Promotes plant safety by working with all departments to analyze current situation & recommend safety improvements. Ensure compliance with government legislation, federal regulations & corporate policy pertaining to both Environmental & Safety programs.
Key ingredients –
- Lead efforts to improve overall fleet safety to produce a substantial reduction in avoidable collisions across all FreshDirect locations
- Develop initiatives to measure & reduce at-risk driving behaviors
- Oversee, manage & improve SMS BASIC scores across all locations
- Mentor managers & supervisors to instill a culture of safety among employees
- Assist / support facility departments in safety training to include behavior based safety programs, company & regulatory training
- Oversee drug & alcohol compliance program
- Provides quick & efficient responses to sensitive issues where a high level of technical, systematic or emergency thought processes is required
- Evaluates & offers advice & implementation of solutions on complex safety & compliance issues
- Establish systems for the monitoring of workplace safety risks & environmental impacts through the analysis of work processes, materials, equipment & the work habits of employees
- Performs audits & inspections and reviews investigation reports to ensure that corrective actions will eliminate recurrence & unsafe acts/conditions
- Analyze accident & collision data to identify trends & accident types that can be prevented
- Investigate technological solutions to reduce systemwide risk
- Provides direction & assistance to employees in fulfilling their obligations for health, safety & compliance & creates positive & productive working relationships with all employees
- Coordinates & conducts required compliance training
- Plans & delivers key safety concepts to provide the road map to zero injuries, collisions & world class performance
Add dash of –
- Five to Eight (5-8) years of experience in safety with a concentration in transportation safety & compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or engineering field, such as, Occupational or Environmental Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge through formal education, training and/or experience on the principle & practices associated with fleet safety & FMCSA compliance
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, & Outlook
- Demonstrated platform skills with the ability to prepare & present technical subjects to an audience having diverse backgrounds
- Familiarity with occupational health & safety management systems (e.g. ANSI Z10/OHSAS 18001).
- Ability to mentor, coach & train
- Exceptional writing, presentation, & communication skills
- Proven ability to successfully develop & implement programs & systems to comply with federal, state & local occupational & transportation safety regulations as well as company policies, strategies, initiatives & goals
- Must be resourceful & a skilled problem solver
- Experienced in the development of tools, resources, programs, & processes
- Ability to focus on teamwork, project management & follow-up
- Comfortable juggling & coordinating multiple projects with competing priorities
- Capable of working in a fast paced, dynamic & changing environment
- Must possess leadership qualities & be open minded with the ability to lead projects from concept to completion
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, & the District of Columbia. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest & best-tasting meat, fish, produce, & specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, & farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered in as little as an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Bronx, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves and works extensively with dozens of charitable & community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career & feed your future & have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits & we go above & beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, & a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible & generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect & FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, & other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, & Zumba, & monthly manicures & massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese & Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back & forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues & annual company picnic for friends & family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Learn more @FreshDirect on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature & level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, & skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified & meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job