Role: Associate Manager, Maintenance (Days)
Location: Newark, NJ
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We are looking for an experienced maintenance supervisor who can support automation infrastructure & heavy equipment that supports our warehouse teams.
- Responsible for directing & supervising a group of employees involved in facilities operations procedures regarding housekeeping, janitorial, maintenance & overall upkeep of the distribution center
- Plan & assign work of subordinates.
- Develop and/or adapt inspection equipment to meet GMP standards, make suggestions with regard to procedures, standards & equipment to facilitate work & maintain efficiency & productivity.
- Analyze facts or circumstances surrounding individual problems to determine what action should be taken within the limits of standard practices.
- Responsible for compilation & maintenance of inspection reports & records.
- Investigate & determine cause of faulty work & consult & advise other departments as to corrective measures.
- Provide all employees with necessary tools, proper training & corrective direction.
- Occasionally required to communicate with other departments within the distribution center in order to collaborate & solve problems
- Maintain discipline, morale & harmonious relations among subordinates.
- Investigate & adjust personnel problems within area of responsibility.
- Effectively recommend as to hiring, promotions, wage adjustments & terminations.
- Respectfully support & follow direction from management & completes tasks with minimum supervision.
- Train new employees on standard operating procedures (safety, GMP AND SQF policies /procedures, PPE / hygiene policies)
- Responsible for upkeep of equipment including reporting defective equipment to management
- Maintains the work area in a clean & orderly condition & follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Update data in the computer system; must be able to use a computer & type/data entry using computer programs (Microsoft Office, Google Sheets)
- Report food safety & quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Minimum of 3 years experience in general building maintenance, HVAC, electrical, plumbing & processing equipment
- Working knowledge of OSHA, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), SQF, HACCP, FDA, USDA
- Skilled communicator with superior leadership skills
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented & ability to multi-task
- Passionate with a think-outside-the-box mentality
- Familiar PIT (powered industrial truck) & conveyor equipment
- Knowledgeable in LOTO procedures
- Proven ability to read, analyze & comprehend procedure manuals
- Methodical when filling out a work order
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusions
- Effectively plan & organize work activities independent of direct supervisor
- Self sufficient
- Strong communicator
- Build rapport with other departments
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Flexible shift scheduling & advancement opportunities
- Emergency child & adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran