ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The FanDuel platform handles tens of thousands of requests a second across hundreds of services; its absolutely critical to the companys success that this platform remains available & rapidly scalable & the DevOps team have a leading role in making that happen. Our growing team features a diverse range of skills, from generalist to specialist, but one thing our team does have in common is a deep understanding of how our system works & hangs together.
This is a role for someone who is looking to exercise & develop their core leadership skills both from a technical & people management point of view. You will have established DevOps Engineer capabilities as well as people manager capabilities. In this role, you will be managing a group of DevOps Engineers that have a variety of individual & team commitments & capabilities, ensuring the delivery of reliable, timely, & future-proof platforms.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
Were looking for passionate technologists, strong communicators & those with a commitment to continuous improvement to coach & develop a group of DevOps Engineers. You are able to represent your team autonomously, require minimal guidance & are accountable for the team's structure, software, & technical deliverables. You partner with your engineers & leadership to define a vision & tenets that communicate how your team makes decisions. You provide the larger picture, the long-term perspective, & the context (past, current, future) behind business & technology choices. Your roadmap influences organisational goals. You effectively participate in FanDuel's planning process. You evangelize our company values.
You should have a passion for imparting knowledge & a proven ability to grow a team & lead it to success. You will show a pragmatic approach to problem-solving, your experience should be built on a solid foundation of engineering development & operational support & you should be able to show a proven background in coaching & people management. Youre comfortable holding 1-1s & helping people recognise & achieve goals. Youre responsible for leading your team & guiding the members within it towards success as it delivers important features & capabilities to agreed deadlines. Youre comfortable reporting progress & raising issues as they occur with suggested mitigations.
What were looking for in our next teammate
- Experience of managing team functions & objectives, developing deliverables & capacity planning
- Manage a team of DevOps Engineers working to deliver technology solutions to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Your team owns multiple technology systems, & you will own the day-to-day management of those systems, where you are accountable to the customer experience, project prioritisation, software quality, & system maintenance.
- You make sure your team develops the right solutions & utilise the processes & facilities available to make connections to customers working with your Lead Engineer to help drive these solutions.
- You help DevOps Engineers grow by encouraging them to contribute to cross-team technical discussions, supporting their ideas, & empowering them to make decisions.
- You have a solid understanding of the design approaches & industry technologies utilised by your team.
- You will help make trade-offs; balancing the larger picture (e.g, resourcing, business goals, user experience, dependency impacts, efficiency, availability, etc.) against the needs of building, maintaining, refactoring, scaling, & extending features to properly support the life of the technology. You make sure your DevOps Engineers are able to spend adequate time on design & you seek their (and the Lead Engineer's) input on technology recommendations.
- Responsible for delivering architecturally sound solutions in the absence of a highly experienced individual contributor.
- You can handle most problems, decisions & escalations providing realistic solutions to mitigate long-term risks.
- You will write tenets & clear documents around establishing best-practice processes.
- Responsible for taking part in the recruitment process identifying the best candidates & providing a great candidate experience.
- Ability to manage performance, team coaching & promotion of personal development
- Accelerates progress, clears or escalates blockers & creates opportunities for growth
- Technical experience in managing a highly available & highly scalable cloud environment, preferably AWS
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams, including Project Managers & other stakeholders to define the roadmap for DevOps products & translate this into user stories
- Experience in coaching Engineers to improve code & platform quality
- Experience supporting software systems in production including on-call support with a relentless focus on improving the stability, availability & performance of those systems.
- People management, communication, presentation & facilitation skills
- Ensures technology solutions are testable, monitored, & maintainable
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.