WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Headquartered in NYC with fulfillment centers in New Jersey, California & Texas, Blue Aprons mission is to make incredible home cooking accessible to everyonefrom the novice cook just getting started to the experienced chef. We send millions of meals to customers with all the pre-measured & perfectly proportioned ingredients they need to prepare delicious & healthy meals at home. We introduce our members to new ingredients, flavors, & cooking techniques with seasonally-inspired recipes that are always delicious, fun & easy to prepare. We make fresher, healthier food available at better prices by rethinking the grocery supply chain from the table all the way back to the farm.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
Were looking for an engineer to help us maintain & scale the cloud infrastructure for a pioneering grocery e-commerce company. Youll have the ability to make decisions balancing immediate short-term need against whats best for the long-term. Our headquarters is located in Manhattan, but we're open to considering remote candidates.
- Manage the infrastructure for our public-facing website as well as the internal systems we build for various teams across the company
- Consider performance, scalability, & reliability when making decisions
- Think about the bigger picture & how best to structure & scale our infrastructure for existing & future applications
- Implement configuration & automation tools to simplify the process of deploying & upgrading software across our infrastructure
- Our stack & tooling: AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, Jenkins, Nginx, Postgres, Kafka, Redis & Memcache. Applications are primarily written in Ruby/Rails, Python, & Go.
- 5 years experience supporting a high-traffic production web application infrastructure.
- Clear, concise communication & are capable of designing & implementing solutions to complex problems
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services & how the suite of products can be used to build a scalable, resilient infrastructure
- Proficient with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Ability to handle the unexpected. When disaster strikes, you're equipped with the tools & knowledge required to react & mitigate the issue
- Experience implementing, monitoring, & alerting systems to detect & solve problems before they become critical.
- Scripting experience (Python a plus)
- Experience working with Rails applications a plus
- Able to participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- In depth experience with Kubernetes