IAC builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, & a desire to invent or acquire new products & brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 11 public companies & generations of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principle of financially-disciplined opportunism will never change. IAC today operates Dotdash Meredith & Care.com, among many others, & also has majority ownership of Angi Inc, which includes HomeAdvisor Powered by Angi & Handy. The company is headquartered in NYC & has business operations & satellite offices worldwide.
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Generous paid time off programs for flexible vacations
- 16 hours of volunteer time off yearly for community service
- Industry-leading 401k plan with 10% dollar-for-dollar company match
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental, & vision insurance
- $5,000 yearly tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Pre-tax commuter benefits through WageWorks
- A vibrant office building in Chelsea with a well-stocked snack bar
Title: Facilities Operations Manager
Reports to: Director, Facilities
Location: New York, NY
IAC seeks an experienced individual to direct office services & building management for our headquarters. Designed by renowned architect, Frank Gehry & completed in 2007, our world-class headquarters is located in the vibrant Chelsea neighborhood of New York City. From our complex BMS & HVAC systems to breakthrough technology (including, the world's largest high-resolution video wall in our sought-after ground floor event space), our ideal candidate is fastidious regarding all facets of building management. This individual insists on the absolute highest standard of service & prides themselves on creating a remarkable experience. Non-negotiable characteristics are flawless aesthetic taste, uncompromising attention to detail, & possessing a very proactive nature. The ideal candidate will be a leader who will hit the ground running by applying their technical expertise & commitment to quality while bringing knowledge & ideas to the table. The Facilities & Operations Manager is responsible for planning & managing all aspects of maintenance of the site's building envelope, office, grounds & all related infrastructure systems.
- Maintain all 3rd party vendor relationships, including janitorial, food service, landscape services, maintenance, etc.
- Assist Director, Facilities with space planning of corporate offices, including working with corporate & business units to understand growth & attrition rates, manage restacks & evaluate storage needs.
- Work closely with the Corporate Events department in the management of all in-house & third-party events; including the scheduling, set-up & building support requirements for these events.
- Assist Director, Facilities with managing special projects for facilities & building operations inclusive of implementation of new technologies.
- Generate RFPs to bid out 3rd party vendor services.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with local, state, & federal regulations; & maintain up-to-date building documentation & certifications.
- Manages contracts for building repairs & services, negotiates contracts for same, & ensures best pricing for replacement parts & supplies.
- Develop & perform complete facility inspections, develop actions & complete all follow up required.
- Coordinates, manages & oversees all activities to ensure effective installation, repair, & maintenance of equipment & services in compliance with established codes, standards, & procedures.
- Maintain building records inspections, as-built drawings, SDS requirements, & preventative reports.
- Manage vendor COIs to keep insurance up to date.
- Work hand & hand with Engineering in the coordination & development of long term & high visibility projects
- Assist with managing annual building operations & facilities budget.
- Assist in corporate disaster recovery & business continuity planning as it relates to NYC operations.
- Manage facilities work order system.
- Must be available during off-hours to respond to building emergencies.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in project, property, facility or hospitality management.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience of staff personnel.
- College degree and/or advanced degree.
- Experience with vendor management.
- Strong project management experience in working with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, seamlessly combing both delegations to personnel & direct line-item contribution to detailed projects.
- Must have decision-making skills & meet aggressive deadlines.
- Must have exceptional customer service & instill these qualities into existing staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex processes & recommendations.
- Ability to self-generate necessary documents & reports, including RFP's, analysis of spreadsheets & succinct but comprehensive summary & recommendation emails & papers.
- Demonstrate our culture of service excellence & must have a sense of dignity, pride, & satisfaction in work.
- Outstanding organizational & follow-through skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent time-management skills.
Salary Range:$82,000 to $125,000.
The base salary range above represents the anticipated low & high end of the salary range for this position. Actual salaries may vary & may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to work location, experience, & performance. The range listed is just one component of IAC's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, & short- & long-term incentives. In addition, IAC provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life & disability insurance, a generous 401K employer matching program, paid holidays, & paid time off (PTO).