BlaBlaCar's vision is to bring fairness, freedom & fraternity to the world of travel.
BlaBlaCar was created in 2006 with one dream in mind: fill the millions of empty seats on the road to create an efficient, affordable & friendly way to travel. Today, our global, trusted community counts 80 million members in 22 countries, enabling a smarter, large scale & truly sustainable transport network.
Born from a simple idea of people sharing their rides, BlaBlaCar's ambition is to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility. We offer long distance carpooling service, a commuting carpooling service, & since 2018 a marketplace bus service too. A filled bus emits one third of the emissions per passenger kilometer as an average car. So we want to fill those seats too!
In 2018, 84 million travellers used BlaBlaCar globally saving 1.6 million tons of CO2. Meanwhile we enabled human connections, bringing people closer together in more ways than one with 87% of members say that carpooling is an enriching experience.
BlaBlaCar offers a truly & unique international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices in Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), So Paulo, Warsaw. English is the official spoken language across BlaBlaCar. We are privately-held & founder-led. Our team of 500 employees is entrepreneurial, passionate, & fundamentally mission-driven.
Why join us?
As Global Senior Bus Safety & Quality Manager, you will have the unique opportunity to contribute scaling BlaBlaBus, a new vertical at BlaBlaCar. We are looking for someone who has the grit & motivation to join the entrepreneurial adventure.
Your mission is to deliver a great product to our customers in terms of Safety & Quality standard across Europe.
In this role you are attached to the Head of Global Bus Ops & Supply & you will grow your skills in strategy, risk assessment, operational excellence & crisis management.
As Global Senior Bus Safety & Quality Manager, you should be both strategic, defining the world-wide company standards & procedures, as well as being hands-on supporting & coaching local teams.
You will be coordinating the work of a team of local Quality & Safety managers in different countries & you will be responsible for deciding & reaching an homogeneous top-of-the-class customer experience for all Bus Partners across countries.
As such, the role requires leadership, safety expertise, & strong operational & organizational skills.
What you will directly contribute to
- Be responsible for Safety & Quality policy; & compliance across countries
- Be the internal & external voice of BlaBlaCar on Bus safety topics
- Define & optimize Quality & Safety processes (eg. bus specs, bus partners' audits, training etc.)
- Coordinate a geographically dispersed team of local Quality & Safety professionals
- Providing coaching, mentoring & guidance to local Safety & Quality managers
- Represent the safety perspective on all Business & Operations' decisions
- Stay tuned to market & regulation' evolutions across Europe
What you will need to be successful
- Excellent proficiency in safety & quality operations
- 8 - 12 years of experience in transport of passengers, transport of goods, logistics or at manufacturers
- Agility in defining & advocating for a policy (integrating company priorities & external context)
- Knowledge of quality management, auditing & customer satisfaction techniques
- Experience in people management
- Strong organizational skills
- Proactive, reliable & good teamworker
- French & English speaking, German as a plus
- Full proficiency in MS office
- Availability to travel in Europe
A few practical details about the role
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Paris HQ
- Contract: full-time permanent contract
- Compensation: depending on profile & experience
What we offer all of our employees
- The opportunity to have a meaningful impact, building a CO2-saving global travel network enabling strong human connections too.
- A strong Fun & Serious company culture
- An international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices around the world (Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), So Paulo, Warsaw)
- State-of-the-art office spaces, in a great location
- A start-up spirit grounded in agility & teamwork
- Bi-Weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn from each other
- Weekly Tech Demos, so that we're all up to date with where our product stands
- Free carpooling to live our value Be The Member.
What is next?
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below without forgetting to upload your resume in English (PDF format) nor to answer our questions in English as well. Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team & that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following 3 weeks. If your application fits our requirements, we will invite you to a first call & 4 interviews.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusiveenvironment for all employees.