At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
The Logistics & Customs Operations Manager is responsible for both strategic & tactical execution of the logistics & customs needs for the Lyft hardware supply chain. Lyft handles thousands of import/export shipments annually & requires an advanced level of customs regulatory interpretation. As a key contributor on the Lyft Global Supply Chain team, the Logistics Manager will coordinate with Lyfts manufacturing partners, Compliance Function, & Operations team to ensure cost effective, customs compliant, on-time delivery from multiple regions & countries d to Lyft warehouses & Operational markets around the world. The Logistics & Customs Operations Manager reports directly to the Planning & Logistics Group Manager.
- Manage day-to-day Customs clearance & export process including assignment of US tariff/Schedule B codes, & determination of country of origin, value, FTA, ADD/CVD, & other government agency requirement
- Own relationship with the Customs broker, maintain error scorecard, & conduct periodic performance review meetings
- Perform investigations in response to US Customs inquiries (e.g. CF 28s)
- Proactively monitor all customs activities to facilitate entries
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Logistics, & Legal
- Develop & implement customs/export process improvements
- Review entry documentation, file PSCs, maintain tariff databases
- Supervise transportation & logistics solution services & activities
- Be able to analyze data & use customized software quickly & accurately
- Coordinate of all inbound & outbound, domestic & international freight shipments.
- Create & send load tenders to carriers.
- Expedite deliveries in case of unexpected delays.
- Develop & implement logistics solutions to ensure delivery target is fulfilled
- Manage the KPI of Logistics Service Providers & Customs Brokers
- Review & handle logistics & Customs related payment operations
- Perform other Logistics or import/export duties as necessary
- 5 years of experience in cargo tracking, logistics booking, & customs clearance, & international import/export regulations.
- Licensed Customs Broker strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Section 201 & 301 tariffs strongly preferred
- Bachelors degree in Logistics, Operations, Supply Chain or similar field.
- Knowledge of Customs & transportation laws & regulations.
- Experience with EDI & ERP is required.
- Demonstrated exceptional internal & external relationship management skills are essential.
- Ownership of your role is key.
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep into a subject matter, while simultaneously keeping the bigger picture & strategy at the forefront.
- Demonstrated strong quantitative & qualitative skills & implementation of effective logistics metrics & objectives.
- Passionate & purposeful about teamwork, with the ability to organize & prioritize & motivate colleagues while maintaining effectiveness.
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.