At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects more than 10,000 clients, both consignees & shippers, across 109 countries. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
Now, more than ever, customers need our support to survive & win in 2021. Their success is our success. We work back from whats best for them to find a solution. Thats why we are building the Platform for Global trade - a strategic model combining customer centricity, supply chain expertise, advanced technology & data analytics.
Our goal for this role is for you to be a proactive business partner to our clients & suppliers, designing & implementing the unique supply chain solutions that will propel our clients businesses forward. As a member of the Global Key Accounts team, your mission will be to proactively grow our client relationships by building & implementing solutions to their critical supply chain challenges.
The Global Key Account Manager will own the long-term client relationship, improving & growing the clients business by identifying & implementing new & enduring global trade solutions to drive the clients business forward.
- You will use your advanced knowledge of the clients business goals, the industry, & Flexports services & solutions to proactively close & deliver new solutions that empower the client & deepen the client relationship.
- You will serve as the clients trusted advisor, advocating for their needs with internal stakeholders & finding win-win solutions for the client & for Flexport.
- You will use regular client touchpoints & business reviews to help clients understand the value they are realizing & to capitalize on new opportunities to deepen the relationship.
- You will work cross-functionally across Supply Chain Operations, Procurement, Account Solutions, ProServe, Implementation, Legal, Industry SMEs, & Trade & Financial Services teams to develop & execute on the client strategy in a deliberate way that maximizes the clients outcomes.
- You will provide feedback to Product & Service leaders on program enhancements & service offerings needed to be more competitive
- You will create alignment of executive level customer contacts & maintain relationships with critical stakeholders at some of the worlds largest brands
- You will dig deep into the clients order to cash cycle & demonstrate a clear understanding of current state business models & future state goals
- Proactively consult with clients & develop solutions for their logistics needs
- Communicate the value of Flexport through remote & in person meetings with client executives
- Develop & execute a plan to build pipeline from new & existing customers in your territory
- Engage with stakeholders from other departments at Flexport to develop client-specific solutions
- Coordinate & negotiate annual RFPs
- Collaborate with Flexports client operations teams to identify upsell opportunities, source pipeline, & develop strategic account plans.
You should have:
- 10-15 years of experience in a customer facing sales/business development role at a leading international freight forwarder
- At least 5 years designing solutions for Global Key Accounts
- Competitive & creative drive to win over customers & think outside the box to get a deal done
- Demonstrated ability to run a sales meeting & structured sales process
- Proven success building & maintaining long term commercial relationships
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, experience presenting to C-level executives
- A passion for pursuing new & bold ideas within the context of business priorities
- The ability to quickly identify, prioritize, & execute tasks to meet critical project deadlines
- Experience problem-solving within multi-faceted & complex systems
- Experience negotiating with third-party providers of products & services
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed.
- A burning desire to win clients from competitors. Youre a team player, but you know that a little competition is healthy.
- The intellectual horsepower & curiosity to learn a new way of operating in an old industry.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
Future tracks this role could lead to:
- Global Key Account Management organizational leadership
- Client Solutions organizational leadership
- Client Solutions within a different client segment or geography
- Account Executive
- Supply Chain Operations organizational leadership
Why join Flexport?
Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, & seeking opportunities to think from end to end. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work & we encourage upwards or lateral movement & transfers that align with current business needs & help Flexport deliver on its mission & unlock the potential in our team members.