Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous mastersGordon Ramsay, Martin Scorsese, Serena Williams, Helen Mirren, Margaret Atwood, Annie Leibovitz, Steph Curry, Carlos Santana, Timbaland & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
- 5 years of total experience across a combination of investment banking & operating experience at a fast-paced technology & / or consumer company
- Financial proficiency: comfortable with/in/around numbers & modeling
- Strategic thinking: ability to understand how financial decisions impact business performance & strategy & demonstrated problem solving & analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail & pride in accuracy
Responsibilities of the role:
- Play an integral role in the Companys financial planning process, including the annual & quarterly multi-year financial planning cycles
- Assist in any ad-hoc analyses & deep dives into strategic issues to improve the collective understanding of risks & opportunities related to the business
- Provide leadership team & cross functional teams with data-driven decision support & KPIs
- Streamline reporting processes by working with other members of the finance & accounting to develop standardized reporting packages.
- Manage inputs for operating model, & preparation of month end reports for executive team.
- Manage consolidation of production, Content, marketing, OpEx reporting.
- Assist in Ad hoc request such as enterprise pricing, investor reporting, enhance reporting for corporate readiness, support system improvements.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Economics, Finance
- Excellent problem-solving skills coupled with strong interpersonal & communication skills with proven ability to interact with various management levels
- Outstanding Excel skills with exceptional judgement & maturity, including an ability to execute
- Maintain operating & financial models (and build new ones as needed) & experience in building succinct presentations
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.