At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Data & Machine Learning are at the heart of Lyfts products & decision-making. As a member of the Machine Learning Platform team, you will work in a dynamic environment, where we embrace moving quickly to build the worlds best transportation network. Machine learning infra engineers build systems that empower machine learning models to make our products predictive, personalized, & adaptive. Were looking for passionate, driven engineers to take on some of the most interesting & impactful problems in ridesharing.
As a machine learning platform engineer, you will be developing our central machine learning platform that powers Lyft machine learning & optimization models. You will be working on a wide array of challenges ranging from large scale distributed model training, sub millisecond real-time predictions at scale, automating machine learning model lifecycle, implementing model monitoring, enabling reinforcement learning & many more. You will be working in a fast paced environment, tackling a diverse set of problems. They collaborate across transportation, economics, forecasting, mapping, personalization, & adaptive control. We are hiring engineers who can work with modelers across the company & build infrastructure to incorporate the rapid developing needs in each of these fields. Were looking for someone who is passionate about solving problems with data, building reliable ML systems, & is excited about working in a fast-paced, innovative, & collegial environment.
- Partner with Machine Learning Engineers, Data Scientists, Software Engineers & Product Managers to develop advanced systems for business & user impact
- Evaluate when to build & when to reuse existing components including open source solutions
- Write production quality code that scales with use.
- Help establish roadmap & architecture based on technology & our needs
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science & experience in distributed systems & machine learning
- Passion for building scalable & extensible solutions for machine learning development & productionisation towards short term & long term business & user impact
- Proficiency in Python, Golang, or other programming language
- Excellent communication skills & fluency in English
- Strong understanding of Machine Learning fundamentals, including supervised learning, forecasting, recommendation systems & reinforcement learning
- Experience with distributed computing frameworks & open source solutions such as kubernetes
- Solid software engineering skills & experience with popular ML software libraries (scikit-learn, pandas) & data munging tools (SQL, Spark). Experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, Tensorflow) is a plus.
- Familiarity working with cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc) & containerization with Kubernetes. You dont have to be an expert, but having a basic idea of the services offered & interest to learn more.
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States & Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated & up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated & up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; & 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state & local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.