1stdibs is the leading destination for vintage, antique & contemporary furniture, jewelry, art, & fashion. As a two-sided e-commerce platform, we bring together buyers of unique, beautiful things with the preeminent sellers in these categories. We are looking for a talented Analytics Manager to join our analytics team & help stakeholders across the business unlock powerful insights & drive growth through impactful & innovative use of data.
Who You Are
Youre a naturally curious data professional who can combine complex data science techniques with the ability to find & share actionable insights relevant to the problem at hand.
You're a bright, self-motivated & passionate about numbers as well as the graphical visualization of information. You're proactive, data-driven, diligent & focused on business results. You have a knack for spotting patterns in data that can substantiate informed decisions. You see the big picture & pay close attention to detail. You have experience with using data to drive business decisions & working with various stakeholders & cross-functional teams. You have a deep knowledge of SQL as well as other analytical coding languages, & a natural flair for telling a compelling story with data. You have worked in a retail or B2B environment & are excited to learn more about how a luxury e-commerce marketplace leverages analytics to drive decisions.
We have a startup culture that is constantly evolving so comfort with ambiguity is very important. In exchange, youll be given the opportunity to work with & learn from some of the most passionate, driven & creative people assembled under one roof!
What youll do
- Partner with stakeholders across various business functions such as Marketing, Product, Trade & Supply to own & lead analytics projects that solve business problems
- Mine & synthesise data from multiple sources to get a deep understanding of the business to provide impactful analyses from all angles
- Develop predictive models such as propensity to buy, likelihood to churn, customer lifetime value, etc then assist the relevant teams in implementing these models optimally
- Design, monitor, analyze & create reporting for key business initiatives
- See both supply (seller) & demand (buyer) sides of the marketplace to be able to take learnings from one side to help optimize the other
- Communicate & present data & insights clearly, distilling complexity down to its essence. Proven ability to tell a compelling story with data
- Gather requirements & build data visualizations & interactive dashboards
- Be a champion of evidence-based decision making
What you'll bring
- Bachelors in a quantitative field, data science or business analytics; Masters preferred
- 5+ years of experience in analytics/data science working in a retail environment (B2B a big plus)
- Strong SQL skills as well as experience working in at least one of SAS, Python or R
- Familiarity with web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics
- Experience working with Google productivity tools, including Docs, Spreadsheets, Gmail, & Calendar & MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Advanced Excel skills expected
- Familiarity with business intelligence solutions that translate insights into simple & concise visuals (e.g. Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Ability to think critically about problems through multiple perspectives & assert demonstrable hypotheses
- Superior attention to detail & organizational skills. Exceptional time management & problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure & juggle multiple & competing priorities
- Excellent verbal, written & visual presentation skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment, delivering flawless execution
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.