Compass is streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As an AGC-Securities at Compass, you work on exciting matters that require proactive legal guidance. You're part of a group of talented in-house lawyers & the projects you work on challenge you to think creatively & constructively. You are energetic & collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of Compasss business & work with employees across the company. Your contributions will be impactful, value driven & you will play an instrumental role on the Compass Legal Team.
What you will do:
- Advise on securities law & related general corporate law matters.
- Support timely satisfaction of SEC & stock exchange compliance & reporting obligations, including registration statements, proxy statements & reports on Form 10-K, 10-Q & 8-K.
- Review & provide input on earnings press releases & other public disclosures.
- Oversee Section 16 reporting & insider trading compliance issues.
- Assist in corporate governance & board matters, including preparation of board materials, minutes & updates to corporate charters & policies.
- Lead cross functional disclosure committee activities.
- Partner with Investor Relations, Corporate Communications & Marketing groups to review external communications, including corporate website, social media announcements, earnings announcements & investor presentations.
Who you are:
- You bring knowledge of equity based compensation structures & systems.
- You have a detailed understanding of applicable securities laws; significant experience advising clients regarding compliance & coordinating 34 Act filings.
- Minimum of 10 years experience with heavy focus on public company securities law & corporate governance. At least 3 years in the securities practice of a nationally-recognized US law firm required; a combination of both law firm & in-house public company experience is ideal. Experience advising high-growth companies is a plus.
- Bachelors degree plus JD from an accredited law school; active membership in at least one state bar (NY Bar is a plus).
- Proven ability to independently manage caseload & other projects
- Strong organizational & interpersonal skills with an ability to distill complex legal issues & provide sound, clear legal advice to senior leaders & others
- Confidence operating in a fast-paced environment
- A team player with low ego who can effectively work with & manage other attorneys & legal professionals
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.