At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
The IT Billing Applications Manager is responsible for the IT systems that support all subscription billing at Cloudflare. The position combines managerial responsibilities with in-depth, hands-on technical expertise & deep expertise in subscription billing application, preferably goTransverse Tract system. This is a highly visible leadership role with senior level collaboration responsibilities with IT, Finance, Product, & Engineering.
What you'll do
- IT resource management including, interviewing, recruiting, scheduling, performance evaluation, performance management, & career management
- Work with business teams to establish priorities, standards, & operating procedures
- Document, Analyze business requirements & develop solutions employing technology as appropriate; ensure that the business requirements of the proposed solution are incorporated into design specifications
- Assist in assessing the impact of proposed solutions or enhancements to other systems or business areas.
- Coordinate development, testing, & implementation of system changes
- Collaboration with other teams on changes, fixes, & updates
- System incident triage for Production instance
- System maintenance, planning & execution for production & non-production instances
- System enhancement & Change management
- Manage delivery & SLAs by guiding incident resolution, problem management, maintenance, & enhancement tickets raised for billing
- Develop relevant metrics, measure & publish the performance of the services provided & enable continuous improvement activities in collaboration with peer groups
- IT demand & capacity planning
- End-user assessment through periodic 1:1 engagements to provide support & proactive service
- System status summarization & communication
- IT vendor analysis
- Negotiation & resolution of conflicting requirements across the vendors and/or departments
- Work closely with all other IT management personnel in identifying, evaluating, & selecting & implementing specific information technology which support the business plans & IT strategies
- Define procedures that are compliant with organizational policies
- Assist with the preparation of budget for IT systems & services related to area of responsibility
- Stay informed of new developments, & forecasts future trends in the areas of billing applications
- Maintain a strong understanding of technology & its application to achieve business objectives
- Prepare analysis & or proposals for other enterprise departments when necessary
- Serve as an internal consultant to other IT management staff, & operations community as needed
- Coach, mentor & manage staff to implement, maintain & support all related software, configurations & workflows
- Provide ongoing troubleshooting, support, & maintenance of applications; including 24/7 on call coverage as required
- Examples of desirableskills, knowledge & experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience: 6+ years of progressively responsible & directly related work experience.
- Knowledge & understanding of goals & the interdependencies of functional departments & groups & the ability to lead large-scale complex IT projects in addressing overall business needs
- Knowledge & ability to direct a staff in integrating information technology services with the work requirements & deliverables of the unit
- Knowledge of informational technology disciplines e.g., enterprise integration platforms, databases, software applications & interfaces, production operations, quality assurance & systems management
- Knowledge of principles & practices of organization, administration, fiscal & personnel management
- Knowledge of project management process & systems
- Excellent written, oral, instructional, presentation & interpersonal skills focused on motivation & positive attitude
- Highly self-motivated, directed & change oriented
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to handle confrontation with appropriate grace, professionalism, cordiality, & firmness, & manage/resolve disputes appropriately
- Ability to communicate concepts in elegant, concise, eloquent form to management & to cross-functional departments or teams verbally, and/or in writing
- Ability to apply sound judgment & make informed decisions
- Ability to develop programs & lead process improvement projects
- Ability to foster effective working relationships & build consensus with other departments & external vendors
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently & meet deadlines
- Ability to strategize, plan & implement change
- Ability to supervise, coach, mentor, train, & evaluate work results
- Knowledge of new technologies & maintain & stay abreast of updates & changes
- Experience and/or deep technical knowledge of goTransverse Tract subscription billing
- Working knowledge of Dell Boomi
- Experience with payment processors e.g, Braintree, Adyen, PayPal
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.