About the team
Harrys Services Team builds & maintains a suite of solutions that power eCommerce sites for multiple brands in multiple regions. We are a small, autonomous team with grand ambitions. We make decisions empirically & we choose the right solutions for the job.
About the role
As a principal engineer you will be deeply involved with all of our most important projects & hardest problems. From building new systems to evaluating the latest technologies, youll identify the right priorities for yourself & the team. Youll actively show support for the team & cross-functional partners through coaching & mentoring.
What you will accomplish:
- Lead the technology direction of our platform. Design solutions that are performant, reliable, secure, testable, maintainable, cost-effective, & well documented
- Drive engineering best practices around consistency, code quality, testing, documentation, PR reviews, & more.
- Act as a role model & coach for the staff to improve their technical skills, leadership abilities, & business acumen
- Represent the services team on major initiatives within engineering & across multiple business domains.
This should describe you:
- You serve as a true expert with backend systems, microservices, cloud ecosystems, & invest in teaching & sharing that expertise across the organization
- You contribute to a culture of creative problem-solving by role modeling the ability to overcome obstacles, & encouraging teammates who take smart, calculated risks (even if & when they fail); as a result, can point to highly innovative improvements you have pushed forward
- You have a proven ability to provide great, compassionate, actionable feedback in all directions (both positive & constructive)
- You have a proven ability to say "no" & push back on work, for self & on behalf of team's work, in a way that's aligned with priorities & compassionate
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to the Senior Manger, Services
- Working on the Services Team
- Working with Engineers, Architects, Product Management, & Executive Leadership
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.