As the Japanese Copywriter, you will be part of the local Brand team & manage the HelloFresh copy expanding into the Japanese market. Youll help our marketing, product & customer care teams adapt functional, promotional & internal communications for the Japanese market based on existing business plans, data-driven testing & consumer research. Youll be part of a cross-functional team that requires Japanese content across a large array of touchpoints & steps in the customer journey.
What youll do
- Interpret the global HelloFresh brand into performance-based messaging for the Japanese market to reach relevant target groups & trigger conversion
- Create, adapt & localize a wide variety of consumer-facing & internal content from English to Japanese, including copy for user experience (UX), websites, apps, transaction funnels, e-commerce, digital advertising, video, social media, brand positioning statements, messaging houses & CRM (email marketing, push notifications, etc.)
- Sense check messages & proofread content for spelling, grammar & logic consistency across product & marketing touchpoints
- Structure messaging for specific topics (e.g. brand messages, benefit messages, sustainability messages) to apply throughout all marketing & product channels
- Support local team in roll-outs of communication projects
- Work closely with design teams to ensure copy & visual content work effectively together
- Being part of a new team, adopt an entrepreneurial & hand-ons mindset, following our no task is too small approach
Who we are looking for
- BS/MS from a top-tier university in communications, translation, marketing or another related field of study
- Excellent & proven copywriting skills in Japan
- Strong proficiency in English
- Minimum 3 years experience in Japanese copywriting and/or translation, ideally in the areas of food or technology
- Experience in writing or translating copy in some of the following areas: UX, advertising, marketing, culinary, consumer care
- Familiarity with Japanese culture & consumer behaviour, especially related to food, technology & commerce
- Ability conceptualize content in terms of marketing strategy & positioning
- Ability to deal with a large variety of stakeholders
- Ability to deal with cross-functional copy projects, tasks & assignments
- Ability to achieve goals while managing scope, deadlines, quality & risk
- Ability to grasp our product & consumer base quickly
What we offer
- The chance to have a serious impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
- Direct, high impact on our product & operations setup from day one
- A vibrant, international environment with mission-driven colleagues
- A guaranteed steep learning curve & boost for your career
- Competitive compensation & plenty of room for personal growth
- Benefit from our selection of employee perks (significant reduction on your HelloFresh boxes, development initiatives, free drinks & snacks in the office, etc.)
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europes vibrant tech hub, Berlin, weve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our best-in-class marketers play vital roles in connecting HelloFresh with new & existing customers across the world. Based in Berlin, the data-driven & creative Global Marketing Team pioneers industry-leading research, business insight, CRM, growth marketing & brand communication. The team continuously drives our brand forward through experimentation & an entrepreneurial spirit.
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart & soul of our diverse, fast-paced & dynamic environment where innovation & smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out About HelloFresh.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations & earliest starting date.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace & welcome diversity & we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply & will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer everyone is welcome at our table.