Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 650 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members & employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
Our engineering team works on product-oriented problems across the boundaries of e-commerce, mobile, analytics & shipping/fulfillment. The backbone of our business is our custom logistics management system, which gives us the crucial ability to deliver the right product to the right user at the right time - a simple goal with a complex solution. We use data, engineering & algorithms to create a personalized website & an adaptive supply chain to fulfill our commitment to an amazing customer experience.
About the Role:
As a Senior Front End Engineer at Rent the Runway, you are someone who prioritizes creativity & user experience alongside great code & curiosity. Your opinions on architecture & design are informed by your experience building applications supporting large user bases, but youre still always open to learning more & working with a team to try new approaches & iterations on your features & products.As a Senior Front End Engineer on our Consumer Engineering team, you will work in a cross functional pod of Engineers, Product Managers, & Designers to create beautiful UI components for our passionate member base.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, & deployment
- Collaborate with designers & other teams to refine product features & brainstorm ideas
- Work with business stakeholders to identify software solutions to business challenges
- Write clean, testable, & efficient code
- An eye for responsive design & strong attention to detail
- Ability to pick up new tools & technologies as needed
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional development team
- Ability to prioritize important tasks
- Effective written & verbal communication skills
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need