SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The companys People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure & understand feedback from employees, customers, website & app users, & the market. SurveyMonkeys products, enterprise solutions & integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth & innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, & culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, & APAC where people of every background can thrive. Weve won multiple awards & received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental & bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, & Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work & FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 & 2019, & the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBCs Disruptor 50 & the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years weve become a public company & expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security & compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, & every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth & transformation. Its an incredible time to join the company & be a part of our next chapter!
We are looking for a Software Engineer who has a real passion for solving complex & interesting problems.
Some of the things you will do as a Senior Software Engineer at SurveyMonkey include:
- Architect, build & maintain high traffic services across multiple data regions
- Top-to-bottom ownership of new features, including crafting technical specifications, writing readable & extensible code, & keeping tabs on post-release metrics
- Design fault-tolerant systems that can scale, & allow us to move quickly without impacting customer access
- Build observable systems that track important metrics & automatically notifies when something is off
- Investigate & address issues with performance, scalability, & maintainability
- Participate in code reviews
- Promote & champion best practices
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in backend web application development
- Experience with Python
- Able to write efficient SQL queries & design schemas for relational databases (MSSQL & MySQL experience is a plus)
- Experience building high-traffic APIs & websites
- Experience with modern security & access control practices
- Experience with CI/CD
- Linux configuration & administration
- Ability to work in agile environments with frequent deployments
- Be self-motivated & have a strong work ethic; willing to go the extra mile when it's crunch time
- Culture of code reviews, writing technical specifications & collaborating closely with others (not a solo hacker)
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent
Technologies We Use
- SQL Server, MySQL
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays & parental leave, & equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.