Company Description|Job Description
Denodo Technologies is a leader on Enterprise Data Virtualization software.
At Denodo, we embrace diversity. We enjoy the challenge of being outside our comfort zone. We thrive in dynamic environments. And at the risk of sounding clich, we work hard, & we play hard.
Denodo's growth as a business depends on being innovative & creative, on delivering the best solutions with the highest levels of customer satisfaction & on having a unique piece of technology to solve real customer problems. And a company can only be as forward-thinking as its people, which explains why we have become the leading developer of Data Virtualization, Data Services & Cloud Data Integration technologies & solutions for the enterprise.
We Understand Our Customer's Pain Points. And we are dedicated to help our customers get timely access to data in a world of fragmented repositories, diverse technologies & rapid data growth. We have witnessed their success as they embrace & experience data management through data virtualization. We believe in eliminating data congestion. We believe in the liberation of data. And now we are the catalyst for fostering the enterprise use of data, & for tapping into new data sources like NoSQL, Hadoop, Web, Cloud & the Internet of Things (IoT). Today Denodo has become a global data force. We have become the key enabler of best data integration practices around the world. We love to team with our customers. We share their experiences & we solve their problems. And we do that with a service culture that has been the cornerstone of our business.
Denodo was founded in 1999with its headquarters in the Silicon Valley nowadays. Still maintaning strong galician roots, operates globally from its offices in Palo Alto, New York, Chicago & Boise in the USA, & London, Paris, Munich, Madrid & A Corua in Europe, & Chennai & Singapore in APAC, as well as through a network of global & local partners worldwide.
As a Cloud DevOps Engineer you will be part of Denodo's Services Engineering teamwhich provides design, deployment & support for IT systems, services & requirements in all Denodo locations. The team isresponsible for supportingour customers, partnersand internal teams in delivering heterogeneous on-premise & cloud based solutions (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud...) & operatinguser applications & services; tools & environments for technical teams; & IT assets.
If you are passionate about IT systems & Cloud & willing to work on cutting edge technologies, Denodois your place to work. As a key member of our team, we are looking for driven individuals that love technology whether it's programming applications, building cloud infrastructure architecture, automation or data center operational excellence.
Also you could opt to opportunitiesof short & long stays in other countries with Denodo presence.
About the Job
As a Cloud DevOps Engineer you will be involved in system design & implementation, process automation, & troubleshooting to help improving & operatingDenodo IT infrastructure & platforms.
- Design, plan & implement solutions to improve the availability, scalability, latency, & efficiency of applications & services.
- Help to automate common task to improve the support workflow.
- Assist & collaborate with technicalteams to deploy diverse environments.
- Help maintain Inventory of assets, software & hardware
- Contribute to document architectures, deployments & installations
- Bepart of the On-call duties to support Denodo infrastructure & platforms.
Minimum required skills & qualifications:
- Formal education relatedto information systems or computer science or proved related knowledge or experience.
- Fluent in English to join a global team. Additional laguages will be a plus.
- Experience working with network protocols & services: IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, NFS.
- Experience working & troubleshooting in server environments (Windows, Linux).
- Scripting experience in one or more of: Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby, Lua, Java.
- Experience in one or more of Configuration Management tools (puppet, ansible, chef, cfengine, salt).
- Experience working with Version Control Tools (Git, Subversion).
- Experience working with continuous integration tools (Jenkins...).
- Experience in one or more of virtualization technologies (VMWare Vsphere, VMWare vCenter, VMWare vRealize, OpenVZ, OpenStack).
- Experience working with containers (OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker...).
- Experience working with Logging & Monitoring Tools.
- Experience on public clouds (AWS, AZURE, GoogleCloud...).
- Service oriented approach to collaborate with other Denodo teams.
- Problem solving.
- Self-driven, professional curiosity & the ability to quickly adoptnew technologies & tasks.
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks in a dynamic environment, with tight deadlines.
Additional skills & qualifications we value:
- Experience working with firewall & VPN deployments.
- Experience working with Databases (install, configure & troubleshooting): MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL.
- Experience working with Web & Application Servers (install, configure & troubleshooting): Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere...
- Experience working with Java Applications (install, configure, troubleshooting & optimization).
- Experience with Big Data solutions (Hadoop...).
- Experience with NoSQL solutions (MongoDB...).
- Experience working with communication solutions (video conferencing, VoIP...).
- Knowledge about general security awareness & data privacy compliance.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value & welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, & we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.