Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
About the Role
As a Senior CLS, you are responsible for performing high complexity laboratory testing (next generation sequencing) on patient specimens, performing quality control & quality assurance procedures, reporting patient results. You'll comply with all applicable local, state & federal laboratory requirements & operate under the direction of the Laboratory Director & Laboratory Supervisors. This role requires meticulous & organized records, excellent attention to detail, & the ability to multi-task & be flexible with tasks & schedules.
- Accurately perform molecular testing, using a variety of molecular biological techniques including next generation sequencing
- Conduct daily quantitation & qualification assessment of molecular data generated during testing
- Carry out QC/QA activities as part of the Quality program & commitment to patient safety
- Participate in a variety of other essential laboratory activities, including reagent qualification, inventory management, procedure writing, inspection preparation, assay validation & investigation
- Perform & document routine preventive maintenance & independently identify & troubleshoot highly complex problems that adversely affect test performance
- Identify root cause & document all corrective actions taken when test systems
- Assist with training of new laboratory personnel
- Participate in introduction of assay improvements, new assay configurations & validation
- At times, this position may fill the role of the general supervisor if the general supervisor is off-site
You have at least six years of experience in a CLIA laboratory & have a good understanding of CAP & CLIA regulations. You're reliable & resilient, & you contribute to team success by sharing your experience in molecular biology & NGS & are a leader among peers. Your colleagues come to you with questions, & you've had experience training and/or supervising clinical laboratory staff.
You are excited about bringing quality & strong project management skills to solve complex issues that impact test performance. You are an effective & proactive communicator who maintains open dialogue with colleagues across functions & can articulate complex concepts & issues clearly. An avid learner, you seek opportunities to grow & integrate developmental feedback you receive into your day-to-day. You're known for your ability to zoom in on detail as well as your ability to zoom out to see the big picture.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/