THE ROLE: Accounting Manager
Were looking for
An Accounting Manager who will work with key business leaders on the companys day-to-day financial activities. Reporting directly into the VP Controller, you will be responsible for ensuring monthly financial statements are complete, accurate & in compliance with GAAP. We are seeking an inquisitive, self-directed, organized & energetic accounting professional to join our Finance team!
What Youll Do:
- Responsible for the monthly accounting close process
- Prepare journal entries, analysis & reconciliations of accounts
- Interact with operational departments to gather all relevant financial data to ensure timely & accurate monthly reporting
- Prepare monthly financial reporting package & variance analysis
- Communicate with key business leaders & play an active role in the monthly actuals vs. budget review meetings
- Manage fixed asset register in PeopleSoft, reconcile to GL, prepare fixed assets rollforward
- Assist with annual external audit & sales & use tax compliance & audits. Complete requested materials & assist in preparing assigned schedules & gathering requested support for the audits
- Work closely with the Strategic Planning team & assist in the forecast & budgeting process
- Identify process improvement opportunities & lead process improvement efforts to increase accuracy, timeliness, & efficiency of month end close
- Contribute to department & company on special projects
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness & innovation. Were committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow & bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you & sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- 5+ years accounting experience within an ecommerce, retail or CPG environment
- Knowledge of major accounting software packages for general ledger accounting. PeopleSoft & Avalara experience a plus
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Deep analytical capabilities, with advanced Excel expertise
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams, business leaders, & external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, & results
- Capacity to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
Base Salary Range: $90,000 - $100,000
Rue Gilt Groupe is committed to providing Associates with equal pay for equal work & carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including prior experience, skills & expertise, location, & internal equity. Our goal is to support, reward & compensate the entire individual. Depending on role eligibility, your offer may also include bonus/commission, equity, 401(k) match, & a variety of benefits. Therefore, final offer amounts may vary from the amount stated.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY, CA & Dublin offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupes policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated & proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. Weve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium & luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites Rue La La, Gilt, & Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion & technology, were also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, & ourselves to push past the expected every day. Our culture is rooted in our values & together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious & Empowered.