Common is the nations leading residential brand & operating platform that designs, leases, & manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design & tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, & traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology & real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the worlds rental housing crisis.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. With over 17,500 units signed & under development & over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, & learn about what its like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, & Twitter. To see more open roles & hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
As the People Operations HR Manager, you will be an integral part of the People Operations Team with a focus on Commons corporate employees, which includes everything from onboarding to engagement initiatives, coaching, performance management, employee relations, training, & development. This role is an exciting opportunity for someone who is excited about supporting our growing business & ensuring all employees & managers have the support & resources they need.
Communication & collaboration will be key for this role as you will work very closely with the rest of the people team as well as our cross-functional partners across the operations organization. You will also be critical support for our employees, handling confidential questions & concerns quickly & effectively. This role will report to the VP of People Operations.
- Manage the onboarding & offboarding process for all corporate employees which include making recommendations & process changes to scale this process
- Provide advice & coaching to all corporate employees on all employee-related issues such as performance management, documentation, career development, employee relations & policies, & procedures
- Own & administer employee initiatives around engagement, retention, career pathing, training, & development for all corporate employees at Common
- Own the company-wide performance review process via Lattice & make changes as needed to scale the process
- Provide excellent customer service for corporate employees & promptly address questions & concerns
- Actively seek, design, implement & monitor HR processes to ensure continuous improvement & enhancement of employee experience
- Oversee our corporate office functions, including the management & development of our office managers.
- Ensure consistent policy implementation & adherence
- Manage immigration cases as needed
- & other ad hoc projects from time to time
- You have been working in an HR capacity for a minimum of 5+ years
- Youre highly organized, meticulous about detail & accuracy & get excited about process improvement.
- You have a strong ability to independently make well-informed decisions & maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, & the world around you.
- You are a scrappy & resourceful problem solver & can adjust to a fast-paced & ever-changing environment.
- You are a team player with a can-do attitude.
- You hold a BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation & sick time
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, & ordinances.