Welcome to Client Engineering at the company responsible for one of the most popular Music & Sound Search applications in the iTunes Store, & the ground-breaking voice technology powering the Hound personal assistant. In this position, you'll play a key role in the development of our next generation Audio Recognition apps, taking SoundHound'shighly-sophisticated backend technology & creating a polished UI/UX to delight our hundreds of millions of users & maintain SoundHound's place as THE go-to app for Music Search & Exploration. To achieve this, you're an experienced Mobile Engineer with deep knowledge of the iOS platform, who enjoys working as part of a tight-knit team comprised of passionate, innovative & highly-collaborative Developers. You believe things like SoundHound's unique 'LiveLyrics' feature & Hound's ability to interpret complex queries are awesome, & would relish the opportunity to sign your name to even cooler functionality within future products. Sound good? Read on!
- Work on iPhone/iPad application architecture & drive development using the latest mobile standards in music & social gaming.
- Participate in all phases of our software development life cycle to convert concepts & specifications into released iPhone/iPad applications & features.
- Interact daily with the systems & processes used in professional software development, including source control, bug tracking, testing, etc.
- Fluency in & a deep knowledgeof Swift & key technologies for the iOS platform like UIKit, CoreAnimation, CoreLocation etc.
- Experience working on applications consuming JSON from RESTful services.
- Experience building custom UI & a strong intuitive sense for good user experience.
- Familiarity with good design patterns & best engineering practices within iOS.
- Strong experience detecting & correcting memory usage issues, & optimizing code for application performance.
- Experience managing provisioning profiles, developer certificates, distribution certificates.
- Experience distributing apps to the Apple App Store, as well as navigating the Apple review process.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with one or more of the following: low latency audio, low latency networking, performance analysis & Social APIs (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Download & use our iPhone/iPad app. We'll talk to you about the experience as a part of the interview process.
- Apply through our website. Please be sure to include an appropriate cover letter.
- If you have shipped any iPhone/iPad apps that you are proud of, point us in their direction.
SoundHound is creating & productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over 300 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies & award winning productswere just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication & fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees & users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, & weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, & the opportunity to call a company thats simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines, home. Yep, it's that cool.