The TED Fellows program is looking for a Coordinator to join our small but mighty team in New York City. We're looking for a friendly, detail-oriented, proactive, & problem-solving organizational guru to take ownership of the administrative & operational needs of our 7-person team, & make all of our lives easier.
As TED Fellows Team Coordinator, you'll be at the center of the day-to-day tasks & processes that keep our team running smoothly at full velocity. This includes managing all of the teams complex day to day scheduling, as well as throughout the TED Fellows application & talk prep processes; logistical planning; & acting as a support person for all team meetings & events.
The TED Fellows program supports extraordinary, iconoclastic individuals at work on world-changing projects, providing them with access to the global TED platform & community, as well as new tools & resources to amplify their remarkable vision. We invest in human capital to create lasting impact. The TED platforms & events are a key part of fostering community & collaboration between TED Fellows, building a strong brand for the Fellows program, & providing a global platform to share the ideas of the internationally recognized Fellows community, which represents over 470+ game-changing individuals from 96+ countries.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Coordinate all day-to-day logistics & operations for the TED Fellows Team
- Schedule & coordinate meetings & interviews (heavy calendaring), including for the TED Fellows application process; take meeting notes as needed
- Coordinate the logistics & scheduling of Talk Prep meetings leading up to all conferences & events, including managing all assets
- Manage calendars of Director & Deputy Director as needed
- Plan & coordinate logistics (including shipping, purchasing) for work-related travel & events, including for conferences, summits, off-sites, etc.
- Assist in obtaining visas for all Fellows team members & Fellows attending conferences & events.
- Assist with the Fellows Gift Bag process for TED conferences, including communicating with vendors & tracking the budget
- Support the Fellows team in preparing for all conferences & events, including on operations
- Maintain each TED Fellows information, making sure it is up to date & accurate
- Manage TED Fellows general inbox, assuring emails are responded to in a timely, kind & professional manner
- Participate with the rest of the TED Fellows team in the application process for TED Fellows candidates.
- Track team expenses & reconcile monthly credit card statements, track invoice approvals
- Maintain inventory of team equipment, devices & merchandise
- Facilitate interview process for all open Fellows team positions (review job applications, schedule interviews, phone screens, book travel, host candidates in the office, etc.), as well as onboarding & offboarding tasks
- Ensure that all team members are informed & included in company-wide news & activities, & connected to resources
- Serve as liaison between Fellows Team & TEDs other teams + business units
- Propose organizational tools & systems that will help the team be more efficient
- Help plan & orchestrate Team off-sites, trainings & retreats
- Assist with special projects, provide ad hoc support as needed
- Bachelors degree preferred (or equivalent relevant work experience), & 2+ years of work experience, ideally in team coordination, administration, event management, and/or office management
- Proficiency with G Suite (especially Google Calendar, Gmail, Docs)
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, & ability to multitask & prioritize efficiently in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-starter who knows how to manage time & workload
- Flexible & adaptable work style that moves quickly with the changing environment
- Strong writing & communication skills
- Resourceful & able to execute varied tasks independently with minimal guidance, but also works well with team members
The ideal candidate:
- Anticipates needs & helps their manager & team members stay focused on their projects by resolving operational & administrative issues before they arise
- Enjoys building order from chaos, managing a wide variety of responsibilities & tasks, & tracking many details & moving pieces concurrently
- Builds efficiency & effective responsiveness into existing operations, & helps define new operational strategies
- Strong critical thinking & analytical skills; identifies & proposes process improvements
- Strong intuition & the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Tech savvy, strong online research skills
- Conscientious & executes their job with a high sense of ownership, & a sense of humor
- Loves supporting people (both individuals & the team as a whole), customer service oriented
- A deep knowledge & interest in cross-disciplinary topics, especially science, technology & business
- Ability to speak multiple languages
- Passionate about TED Fellows global community, content & mission
- Invested in the Fellows impact in the world Our team is passionate about TED Fellows work in the world.
This is a full-time position based at the TED HQ in Lower Manhattan.
Generous health/dental/vision benefits, PTO, & a company-matched 401K are part of the deal. Every employee also gets an annual continuing education stipend to use for professional development.
Please attach a cover letter to your resume.