The Manager, Industrial Engineering will drive development & execution of Pelotons Global Industrial Engineering strategy. The successful candidate will lead a team of engineers in research, development, & benchmarking of world-class industrial engineering practices. They will define Industrial Engineering requirements, perform detailed analysis (process simulations, material flow, cost, capacity, manpower), manage project timelines, launch, production & continuous improvement activities.
- Lead a team of Peloton Industrial engineers in a fast-paced environment, establishing a standard of excellence
- Hire, manage, coach, & develop team members; execute performance feedback reviews & goal setting/KPI exercises, & career development
- Lead development of global industrial engineering strategy, road mapping, metrics & KPIs
- Drive industrial engineering departmental goals of standard work, specifications, cost savings, sustainability, & flawless project execution
- Lead industrial engineering innovation & new technology discovery explorations. Understand industry trends, methods, & tools to advance Pelotons industrial engineering capabilities
- Identify, qualify, develop strategic partnerships; identifying key vendors & building technical relationships, ensuring expectation are clear, processes are robust, repeatable, & controlled
- Drive project timelines, budgets, & communication within a cross-functional organization
- Lead supplier benchmarking & scorecard activity to ensure Peloton partners with best-in-class suppliers
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, providing leadership & expertise in industrial engineering
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
- Travel requirement: Domestic & international travel at least 30% of the time, or as needed by the business
- BS in an Engineering discipline desired (Mechanical, Industrial); Advanced degree a plus
- 10+ years Industrial Engineering experience in a hands-on, fast paced, engineering & manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of experience in a people management role
- History of success of building high-performing teams; Excellent communication skills, motivator, team builder
- Extensive experience in Greenfield/Brownfield plant layout, material flow, equipment installs & startup, production ramp
- Experience working with global OEMs & vendors in NA, Europe, & Asia
- Experience with MES, MRP, ERP systems is a plus; SAP preferred
- Experience in using CAD/CAM (SolidWorks preferred), AutoCAD, ProE
- Extensive experience with simulation modeling software (e.g., FlexSim), data visualization software (Tableau), etc.
- Expert-level Excel user
- Knowledge of precision assembly (FATP), CNC machining, welding, & finishing techniques
- Experience manufacturing highly cosmetic, consumer-facing products manufacturing a plus
- Problem solving & corrective action skills: A3, DOE, ATS, 8D, RedX, DMAIC, Kaizen, etc.
- Knowledge & application of global standards; OSHA, NFPA, IEC, Ergonomics, ISO, UL, ASTM, ISO, DIN, JIS, ANSI, etc.
- Experience in manufacturing, supply chain, distribution, & logistics
- Strong project management skill set: LSSGB/BB, SCRUM, PMP certification a plus
- Microsoft Office applications, Arena, Jira, Confluence, etc., PowerPoint
- Experience leading large manufacturing capital projects
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brands immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.