Client Protection Associate - 2022 Grads
Interested in meeting the AlphaSights team at an event? View upcoming opportunities to connect here.
Available start dates for this position: Summer 2022 (New York)
AlphaSights is the global leader in knowledge on-demand. We connect investment & business leaders with a dynamic network of industry professionals whose informed perspectives help our clients make superior investment & business decisions. With 1200+ employees & nine offices across the US, Europe, Middle East, & Asia, AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Learn more at alphasights.com.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At AlphaSights, we believe that investing in DEI is the right thing to do & is vital to driving progress. We go the extra mile to build teams of people with diverse backgrounds & experiences, because diversity of thought drives innovation & knowledge diffusion which creates value for our clients, employees, & society.
We are a people-centric company, where every person is evaluated based on their merit. Our action plan is clear: recruit top talent based on our core values, invest massively in peoples development, & follow a structured DEI strategy so that everyone is always treated equitably & with respect.
Client Protection is a dynamic & autonomous function designed to help our clients use our services & access knowledge safely. Our team reports directly into the General Counsel of AlphaSights & partners closely with our world-class Legal team. We have a wide remit & visibility, operating cross-functionally on a variety of levels within the business & with our clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for meticulous team players with a background in operations, law, or risk management looking to transition into a high-growth commercial environment.
Learn more about our Client Protection team by watching this video here.
Client Protection Associate Responsibilities
What do you want your career to look like? Are you looking for an introduction to the worlds of risk management, law & business & exposure to a wide variety of clients & industries? A role offering autonomy, high responsibility & personal impact from day 1? A clear path towards a manager role where you can lead your own team, partner with senior stakeholders globally, make decisions with global impact & manage client relationships?
If this resonates with you, read on.
AlphaSights is composed of ambitious professionals committed to accelerating progress for our clients & helping them make more informed decisions. As a Client Protection Associate, you will be joining a high-performing global team that works closely with our core service delivery teams to ensure our clients are always served to the highest compliance standards while enabling AlphaSights fast-growing commercial success. You will monitor client requests, develop & implement new policies & compliance products, anticipate possible business roadblocks, train our employees, & provide guidance & advice to our delivery teams on a daily basis. Youll need to think quickly & critically, have meticulous attention to detail, & strong verbal & written communication.
Youll be working on several short term & long term requests at once, youll quickly develop effective communication, prioritization & project & client management skills.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Monitor active projects to flag & mitigate potential risks
- Provide guidance to delivery teams on the projects they are working on
- Work with the rest of your regional & global team on long-term projects to anticipate, develop & set cutting edge industry standards in this rapidly growing sector.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders globally to drive progress, behavioral & procedural enhancements
- Design & implement global operational policies & processes that protect our clients
- Create & deliver tailored in-person & e-learning trainings to our delivery teams
This is a fast-paced, cross-functional role with a clear focus on problem solving, attention to detail, creative thinking, innovation & results. Client Protection Associates who succeed at AlphaSights often embark on successful careers in compliance, risk or operational leadership.
What We Look For
AlphaSights welcomes candidates with different backgrounds & experiences. Here are some qualities that many of our successful applicants possess:
- The drive & resilience to deliver excellent service amidst tight timelines & changing circumstances
- Career maturity & alignment clarity of direction, commitment to getting there & awareness of how Client Protection at AlphaSights fits with your journey
- People-oriented, emotionally intelligent team player ability to de-escalate situations patiently & calmly, yet quickly & effectively
- Strong communication skills ability to communicate complex topics clearly & effectively both in writing & in person
- Critical thinkers - comfortable assessing complex situations & making nuanced decisions based on policies & processes.
- Bachelor's degree, with strong academic credentials in any field & noteworthy extracurricular leadership
- 0+ years of work experience; preferred in related fields such as law, risk management, consulting, operations or compliance. Recent graduates with high potential are also welcomed
- Fluency in written & spoken English is essential. Fluency in a relevant foreign language is a plus
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Proficiency in SQL is a strong plus
- Experience with multiple reporting mediums (e.g., Tableau, Periscope, etc.) is a plus
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer.