Associate Director, Customer Experience
Location: New York City
Reporting Relationship: Director, DV Pinnacle
DoubleVerify is the recognized market innovator with the technology & tools that accurately authenticate the quality of digital media & drive ad performance for the world's largest brands. DV provides media transparency & accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry. Learn more at doubleverify.com.
As Associate Director, Customer Experience you will own the end-to-end vision, user experience & workflow for DVs Pinnacle platform. This platform is used daily by hundreds of buy & sell side clients & internally by various teams to support customer needs including self-service activation tools & analytics. You are passionate about building products that customers love & have a proven track record of feature delivery in a product management capacity. You have a deep affinity for workflow efficacy & take pride in your skills to successfully translate complex concepts & dependencies to a visual interface that supports a wide array of end users. You also have experience leading strategic discussions & driving requirements with UI/UX teams, & can comfortably assess & discuss the impact of design choices on technical architecture & vice-versa.
You have a broad understanding of the online ad-serving landscape, experience in developing & managing self-service products, & a strong desire to provide thoughtful user interfaces, especially for non US-based clients. You possess strong communication & leadership skills & are comfortable interfacing at various levels & across functions within the organization, & with key external partners. You welcome any opportunity to roll up your sleeves, & introduce & implement new ideas from the ground up.
What you will do:
- Own & manage the client customer experience to provide meaningful & frictionless paths for customers seeking to perform a variety of actions ranging from self-service setup to detailed analytics
- Own the product roadmap for all aspects of the customer experience including UI/UX, workflow design & in-platform customer help resources
- Collaborate closely with other Pinnacle product managers to ensure consistency & uniformity throughout the platform, especially when launching new client-facing products
- Define product requirements (including creation of workflow diagrams, wireframes, user flows, etc. & technical feasibility scoping) & drive features from vision to execution with UI/UX & engineering teams
- Identify key technologies & 3rd party vendors required to further the client experience & own the process of executing product demos, & onboarding & managing such relationships
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to gather, evaluate & prioritize feedback on existing & new features to enhance the customer experience
- Build relationships with both existing & potential customers to gain product insights & collect feedback using both qualitative & quantitative methods to better understand & anticipate the unmet needs of DVs clients (A/B tests, Google Analytics, in-person interviews, etc.).
- Perform competitive analysis, analyze industry trends to understand areas of DV opportunity / differentiation
- Run beta programs, focus groups, or other interactive methods for gathering customer feedback
- Perform data analysis & track KPIs on new & existing features to help inform & drive UX decisions
- 6+ years working in a product management capacity, specifically for customer facing products, managing the development of self-service interfaces, workflow automation, & automated customer support
- 4+ years working alongside a design team specifically on externally facing customer products to translate requirements into thoughtful, easy-to-use UIs, & experience implementing features that improve & enhance the customer experience
- Track record of being a customer advocate that can translate customer behavior, needs & wants into thoughtful strategy & design
- Experience in or deep familiarity with the advertising technology or online media industry. Deep exposure or familiarity with ad-tech based workflow interfaces is a plus
- Self-driven individual who will quickly dive in to learn all things DV that impact the customer UX
- Exceptional project management, organizational & analytical skills, & a proven ability to drive complex, large-scale projects with minimal oversight across cross-functional teams
- Strong business intuition & ability to understand complex business systems
- Proven ability to balance multiple competing priorities & make judgement calls based on objective information when possible
- Deep experience in UI/UX & a strong eye for functional design
- Experience working with the following tools or platforms: JIRA, Salesforce, ZenDesk (or equivalent), Pendo, WalkMe, & UI wireframing tools (such as Axure or Balsamiq)
- Past participation in a driving a site redesign is a plus
This position is full-time & based in NYC.