Quick Take:Axios is a new digital media company that wants to make the world smarter, faster by providing them with high quality news & information across politics, technology, politics, & media. We're hiring a Lead Product Designer!
Why it Matters:This person will be responsible for designing products that are truly worthy of our audiences time, attention, & trust. As a leader in the creative process, you will be defining & influencing the direction of our internal & user-facing web & mobile products.
Go Deeper:The lead will play an integral role in product management & business strategy by gathering & evaluating user requirements & synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
The Details:Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios mission & have the following skills:
- Experience working closely with product managers, designers, software, engineers, & data scientists
- Experience leading teams of UI/UX designers
- Experience with UX design for both web & mobile apps
- Solid understanding of WCAG 2.0 & designing accessible web & mobile experiences
- Experience with prototyping tools like Invision & UX design tools like Sketch & Zeplin
- Experience creating wireframes, storyboards, mockups & flow diagrams
- Strategic mind for solving problems
- Experience building stakeholder alignment
- Ability to synthesize user needs, editorial needs, & business needs into a compelling product experience
- Experience developing & implementing a design system across multiple products, is preferred
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter & cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, & diverse work culture
- Annual learning & development stipend