Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product & marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times & many more global enterprises.
At Optimizely, we have built the world's first Experimentation Platform that enables Testing & Personalization across all channels such as Web, Mobile, Server-side, & OTT through core components such as Analytics, Targeting, & Recommendations.
Our teams have built sophisticated infrastructure that processes billions of events per day, enriches them via stream processing, aggregates & stores them efficiently, supports large scale performant queries, & serves targeting information & recommendations in real-time. Our engineers speak at conferences, write blog posts to share their work, & contribute back to open-source projects.
We are looking for a talented engineer to help us build machine learning features & products to automate our customers' journeys through complex experimentation hypotheses & analyses. This is a unique opportunity to work on a small team & own a large part of Optimizely's machine learning strategy. Our core challenges are to build the right set of features that enable 1:1 personalization & automated optimization for our customers.
How you will make an impact
- You will work on machine learning features & products such as Recommendations, Audience Discovery, User Scoring & Prediction, & Automated Optimization
- You will build Prediction Services that rely on offline & online data integration, appropriate feature selection, & model training
- You will build systems & services using batch & stream processing spanning technologies such as Hadoop, Samza, & Spark in languages such as Java & Scala
- You will understand the scalability & performance tradeoffs among various ML techniques & appropriately build ML systems as we move from prototype to production
- You will coordinate & work with other application product teams to implement Machine Learning features end to end throughout our platform
- You have practical machine learning experience that allows you to develop sound approaches for problems such as contextual decision making, clustering, content targeting & optimization, ranking, prediction, & classification
- You have experience with distributed systems to adapt machine learning approaches from simulation to prototypes to production; in particular you have hands-on experience with at least some of following: Hadoop, Samza, Spark, HBase, SQL DBs
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience doing this & are looking for your next big challenge
If you're interested in the why's & how's pleasecheck out these additionallinks:
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance & bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class perks & benefits that support our Optinauts along their career journey with us. Read more about our culture at optimizely.com/careers.
Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.