The Product Manufacturing Engineer, NPI will research, develop, & recommend world-class manufacturing processes in conjunction with CMs, ODMs, & internally. The Product Manufacturing Engineer will gather technical/customer requirements, lead DFM/DFA activities, perform detailed analysis (cost, capacity, manpower) create/manage project timelines, & lead manufacturing NPI (New Product Introduction) & sustaining activities. Successful candidate will also generate cost reduction, process, continuous improvement ideas & lead the implementation of those ideas on the factory floor.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams through the NPI stage gate process (Concept-MP), to ensure robust DFM/DFA, providing leadership & expertise in manufacturability
- Collaborate with Peloton partners & teams to communicate, define manufacturing requirements
- Interpret engineering drawings, understand, & perform tolerance, GD&T, process analysis; Identify & communicate concerns, risk as needed
- Ensure product manufacturing & assembly requirements clearly understood by manufacturing partners
- Participate in supplier, CM, ODM selection & qualification
- Lead suppliers to establish world-class manufacturing & assembly process
- Develop process & equipment specifications as needed
- Execute supplier & process qualifications, capability studies (Gage R&R, CPk), DOEs & PFMEAs
- Lead manufacturing readiness activities & process validation builds to ensure flawless launch & mass production; & solve problems efficiently to maintain project timing
- Support product sustainment & improvement activities
- Travel requirement: This position requires domestic & international travel, at least 30% of the time, or as needed by the business.
- BS in an Engineering discipline desired (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial); MS a plus
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on, fast paced, engineering & manufacturing environment (NPI to high-volume MFG)
- Solid knowledge & experience in joining technology, precision assembly, CNC machining, fixturing, hydro-forming, welding, stamping, casting, plastic injection molding & various finishing techniques
- Experience in developing SOPs, Value-Stream Maps, Process Maps, Lean, 5S, SPC
- Expert-level CAD/CAM user (SolidWorks preferred)
- Problem solving & corrective action skills: DOE, 8D, RedX, DMAIC, Kaizen events, etc.
- Knowledge & application of Global/International standards; ASTM, ISO, DIN, JIS, ANSI, etc.
- Experience working with Asian JDM/CMs/ODMs is a plus
- Experience manufacturing highly cosmetic, consumer-facing products a plus
- Strong project management skill set: LSSGB/BB, SCRUM, PMP certification a plus
- Microsoft Office applications, Arena, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience managing large manufacturing capital projects
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brands immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.