Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
Team & Function Overview:
General Assembly (GA)s Enterprise (B2B) sales team has established a new Enterprise Sales Development Representative role tasked with assisting our rapidly growing Enterprise team in growing GAs business through customer acquisition. This role will serve the integral purpose of supporting GAs Account Directors in executing GAs largest enterprise deals from initial contact to deal delivery. With GAs recent acquisition, B2B sales are a top priority for GA, & the members of this team will be significant players in driving the success of GAs Enterprise team. All Sales Associates will be a part of our Enterprise Sales Training program with the goal of moving Sales Associates into Account Director roles.
Top Funnel Activity
- Reach out to potential customers through email, phone & social media in order to qualify sales opportunities for the wider Enterprise team
- Research, identify & contact potential GA customers
- Assist in the development & ever evolving team prospecting strategy
- Provide potential customers with an articulate understanding of GAs mission as well as the products & services GA can provide
- Manage & maintain a deep pipeline of potential customers
- Liaise between top of funnel prospects & GA account directors by both facilitating calls or meetings, & strategically partnering with account directors on target clients
- Ensure that all hand offs to account directors are smooth & exceed customer expectations
- Support tenured AEs to close large enterprise deals & help navigate through complex sales through call prep, deck creation & targeted follow up.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Fully proficient in a Mac & Google environment
- Proficient in Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office
- Experience writing emails & utilizing social media
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly build rapport both internally & externally
- Ability to seek, structure, & synthesize large amounts of qualitative & quantitative information to solve problems
- Bachelors degree in Business Management or other related fields preferred not required(marketing, communications, writing, etc...)
- 0-2+ years of experience in sales or other related fields (Previous experience not required)
- Drives Results
- Action Oriented
- Balances stakeholders
- Communicate effectively
- Interpersonal savvy
- Customer focus
- Situational Adaptability