Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
- Strong research skills. Demonstrated ability to consume & synthesize large amounts of information from varying sources to help the creative & curriculum building processes.
- Exceptional writing skills. Ability to write efficiently & effectively with minimal editing required.
- Strong collaboration & growth mindsets. Significant skill in interpersonal communications.
- Ability to iterate quickly & evolve in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to critically evaluate video content & clearly communicate thoughts on the given content and/or subject.
- Good judgement to escalate significant issues to managers when necessary
- General understanding of end-to-end video production process; especially editing.
- Ability to interpret quantitative & qualitative research & make creative recommendations
- Strong aesthetic sense & visual storytelling skills..
- Excellent organization & project management capacity.
- Ability to anticipate future support needs & proactively problem-solve.
- Strong work ethic & willingness to adapt to & support each producer's process.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Work closely with creative producers to conduct in-depth research & analysis of an instructors craft, work, & life to provide key insights into the class curriculum-building process.
- Work cross-functionally with members from Insights & Marketing teams, & external research partners & consultants to interpret
- quantitative & qualitative data.
- Strategize & organize processes around the content research pipeline, including ideating potential class topics & develop a roster of subject-matter experts & consultants.
- Develop prospective interviewer & director lists.
- Be culturally savvy & up-to-date on cultural trends
- Provide creative support throughout the entire class production process.
Work with the producers in post: sourcing archival content for the classes, providing feedback on content, supporting the editor
- 2-4 years of experience.
- Experience working in a professional production and/or postproduction (set) environment
- Please be prepared to share a portfolio or sample of written work that demonstrates writing skills & research abilities -- no scripts.
- Bachelors degree (we love lifelong learners, so advanced degrees are a plus!)
- Works in our SF or LA office
- Efficient with Google Drive applications
- Indesign or Keynote design skills are a major plus
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.