As a Store Manager at Away, you will play an integral role in laying the foundation of our retail business. You will be responsible for all aspects of the stores operations & importantly, of the stores success. A strong foundation of store management & people management experience is essential! Youll focus primarily on building & growing a team of exceptional retail associates, on ensuring the store hits performance goals, & on delivering the highest level of customer experience.
What youll do:
- Ensure your team is providing top-notch customer service to every person, every time.
- Communicate Aways values & brand philosophy to customers & team members alike
- Develop, execute, & continuously improve all operational activities to make sure the store hits financial expectations & exceeds customer expectations
- Work cross-functionally to ensure the store is a hit! Work across the aisle with marketing, CX, creative, & HQ partners to make sure we create exemplary retail experiences
- Hire, retain & develop your team of retail associates, growing them into our next generation of retail leaders
- Oversee daily staffing, inventory management, & visual standards. Oversee all front of house & back of house procedures to keep the stores engine efficiently running.
- Help execute any in-store marketing or programming events by liasoning with HQ team members
Who you are:
- Must have a deep understanding of elevated customer experience
- Top performer with the track record to prove it
- 3-5 years of managerial experience; preferably at a customer-centric retailer or company
- Fastidious attention to detail; strong business acumen & an entrepreneurial disposition.
- Has a passion for people development & a knack for motivation
- A team player that is comfortable providing feedback, innovating, & getting their hands dirty
- Loves to travel!
- Experience working at a start-up or fast-growing company or retailer
- Experience building a team from the ground up
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. As a global company, our benefits & perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees wellbeing both inside & outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with snacks & coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity todo the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs & grow your career along the way.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, & events, were building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent & impact our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M intotal equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!