Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, & more. Braze is built specifically for todays mobile-first world & tomorrows ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time & continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that arent built for todays on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, & teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, & customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, & Singapore. Most recently, weve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. Weve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on's 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a Top 10 Upstart by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOULL DO
We're looking for an Engineering Manager for our Intelligence team. The Intelligence team builds core AI/ML/Intelligence functionality that our customers leverage to engage their users with ease & sophistication.
You will help us architect, build & optimize new, massively scaled intelligent solutions. You will both manage the team & lead software development, via: strategic coding, design doc review, pull request review, architecture design, growing engineers, setting vision & goals, process & protocol, & hiring.
WHO YOU ARE
- 6+ years of relevant experience with a strong track record of success
- Professional experience with one or more modular web-app technologies, such as KnockoutJS, React, Vue, Angular; & languages, such as ES6, TypeScript, & Coffeescript
- Professional experience with one or more of the following backend technologies: Ruby, Java, Go, MongoDB, Ruby on Rails, microservice architecture, distributed systems, Redis
- Strong background in math, Artificial Intelligence, & Machine Learning
- Excellent communication skills & a user-centric attitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with agile processes
- Experience in one of the following: databases at scale, front-end architecture, service architectures, email infrastructure, columnar data stores
WHAT WE OFFER
Tech startup vibe including free daily lunches, snacks, & group events. Inclusive & diverse culture. Complete support from your teammates across all departments & a real get it done attitude for our customers. An opportunity to join a market-leading company & have an impact.
- Excellent medical insurance & life insurance coverage for you & your dependents
- 401K matching
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Daily lunches, snacks, & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial, & fun-loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.