BetterCloud is the first provider of SaaSOps solutions to manage & secure the digital workplace. Over 2,500 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud to automate processes & policies across a companys SaaS application portfolio. A pioneer of the SaaSOps movement, the company established the first-ever SaaS Application Management & Security Framework via two published books entitled The IT Leaders Guide to SaaSOps Vol. 1: A Six-part Framework for Managing Your SaaS Applications & Vol. 2: How to Secure Your SaaS Applications. BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, CA & Atlanta, GA.
Were a high energy, high growth tech company searching for a Technical Content Marketing Manager in New York who will be an instrumental member of our marketing team. Were looking for a self-starter whos passionate about creating engaging, valuable content for a technical audience.
- 3-5 years experience writing content for a technical audience, preferably in B2B SaaS (bonus: experience writing about MDM, end user computing, digital transformation, and/or cloud security topics for IT)
- Exceptional writing & editing skills, impeccable attention to detail, & a love of grammar (you have a strong opinion on the Oxford comma)
- Team player & strong collaborator with a variety of people & teams
- Able to get in the weeds & research topics thoroughly when creating content, whether its reading technical whitepapers/documentation, interviewing industry experts, or interviewing in-house experts
- Knows how to create engaging & educational content that builds brand awareness & thought leadership, fuels the demand gen engine, & helps sales build credibility with prospects
- Needs to think independently, juggle multiple projects simultaneously, & meet deadlines
- Ability to explain complex technical topics in a simple, lively, interesting way
- Understand & connect with modern IT professionals: their challenges, needs, interests, ambitions; what content will resonate with various personas; the language they use, etc.
- Bonus: Experience creating educational content that supports a new market category
- Bonus: Bachelors or Masters degree in English, journalism, or similar field (or equivalent work experience)
- Curate, send, & manage our daily newsletter, the Monitor, which goes out to 50,000 IT professionals every morning
- Develop new ways to improve newsletter performance (e.g., A/B testing), engage readers, grow the subscriber base, & use it to tactfully drive interest in BetterCloud
- Engage prospects/customers to build content (examples: interview them for blog posts, have them curate the newsletter for a day) & champion them as thought leaders
- Research, write, & edit content used in campaigns, including blog posts, longform gated content (e.g., technical whitepapers, guides, checklists, eBooks, etc.), & other thought leadership pieces. Youll write on diverse topics for all stages of the funnel (examples: SaaSOps best practices, BetterCloud product tips, ABM-style content tailored to specific accounts)
- Help innovate with new types of content (e.g., podcasts, videos) to use in campaigns, community, & increase engagement
- Be an active member of our community, BetterIT, to identify trends, insights, & topics to use for content
- Collaborate with community director to identify potential contributors in the community & work with them on creating compelling content
- Collaborate with director of content marketing to create & execute content marketing strategy, generating new ideas for content & building our editorial calendar
- Understand which content will target customers at the top, middle, & bottom of the funnel
- Work with marketing ops & content marketing team to analyze data & learn what content drives engagement
- Proofread & copy edit other marketing content as needed, making sure the tone, voice, & style is consistent with our brand
- Help build partner newsletters & others, as needed
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled & vets.