CLEARs mission is to strengthen security & create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you & by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, & face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports & other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation & more with CLEAR.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
Reporting to the CTO, the Head of Infrastructure is principally responsible for company-wide technologies & practices that support the CLEAR platform & CLEAR employees. Your purview will include cloud infrastructure, network, telephony, field technology, internal & external support operations, as well as all vendor management & department budgeting.
Were seeking a customer-centric, technology forward, & respected thought-leader in the evolving world of infrastructure. You have successfully architected & implemented large scale enterprise solutions in agile, cloud environments with mission critical applications through a DevOps lens. You empower your teams with a player coach, servant leadership approach driven by metrics.
What you will do:
- Own oversight of CLEAR's core infrastructure including the system architecture, enabling scale, & monitoring
- Research the latest in infrastructure best practices, ensuring CLEARs continuous improvement.
- Identify, develop, implement, & maintain technology processes across the company to meet company-wide information security & assurance needs.
- Support application development efforts to incorporate new and/or additional infrastructure & automation to support critical business initiatives
- Partner with relevant teams to stay in lock-step with software plans, testing, & deployment
- Successfully manage all strategic vendor relations with the goal of optimizing the infrastructure portfolio
- Work with engineering, product, & business leads to drive efficient & cost-effective utilization of CLEARs infrastructure investment
Who you are:
- 10+ years experience managing teams in a 24x7 operational environment
- Deep understanding & hands-on design, application, & operation of cloud based services (AWS preferred)
- Experience managing a geographically distributed network of end-user devices, encompassing point-of-sale type appliances, purpose-built kiosks, & traditional end-user-compute endpoints (laptops, mobile)
- Experience in DevOps & DevSecOps, with a proven track record of leading teams to transform the efforts of an engineering organization
- Experienced working with diverse systems & a large infrastructure requiring the highest level of security needs
- Experience with regulatory, compliance, & audit requirements such as FISMA/FedRAMP, HIPAA, PCI, & SOC2 & how to design & operate infrastructure & DevSecOps practices within them
- You constantly ask for the why to influence business leaders on industry trends & emerging technologies in anticipation of new processes & system alterations; youre comfortable challenging the status quo in support of technology excellence
- Proven oversight of vendor relationships, budget management, & infrastructure cost accounting. Prior PnL responsibilities a plus
- Impeccable collaboration & communication excellence, across levels & stakeholders