The Peloton Machine Shop is where the future versions of our fitness products are created & tested. The Manufacturing Lab Technician is responsible for assisting the Lab Machinist with building prototypes for our product design, manufacturing, & quality teams. Our shop contains a range of machining & forming equipment in order to produce highly precise & functional proof-of-concept models. In this role, you will be supporting the set up & operation of these machines, in addition to maintaining the shop space including ordering consumables, performing machine maintenance & organizing the space. This role collaborates closely with our Manufacturing & Mechanical Engineering teams to develop custom fixtures & parts that will be used for process improvement initiatives & future product development. This job is based in Secaucus, NJ.
- Work closely with the Lab Machinist to properly setup the equipment for fabrication
- Work closely with the Manufacturing & Mechanical Engineering teams to assemble & evaluate functional prototypes of fixtures & parts
- Perform some fabrication & finishing processes (welding, grinding, polishing, etc)
- Assist with preventive equipment maintenance & calibration, in addition to general upkeep on our equipment
- Arrange for delivery & shipment of prototype units
- Track & purchase stock for materials & consumables used in the shop space
- Keep all tools, machinery, tooling, & accessories clean, orderly, & safe
- Ensure adherence to machine shop best safety practices
- 3+ years experience working in a lab, prototyping, or machine shop space
- Professional Welding Certification from an accredited program is a plus
- Experience with general shop tools, drill press, band saw, grinders, hand tools
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems
- Understanding of blueprint readings, tolerancing, assembly drawings, & all associated measurement equipment
- Great organizational skills
- Knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, IEC, Ergonomics, PPE, Lockout/Tagout
- Strong written & spoken communication skills
- Must have basic computer proficiency using Microsoft Office or similar products (Google Docs)
- Ability to be self-motivated & independent
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global technology company reinventing fitness by bringing the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. With more than 10,000 live & on-demand classes, taught by a roster of elite instructors, Peloton delivers real-time motivation & curated playlists from the world's best artists. Peloton is changing the way people get fit through a comprehensive & socially-connected experience that makes every workout both efficient & addictive. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide a full slate of fitness offerings, anytime, anywhere.
Headquartered in New York City, Peloton was named the fastest growing company in the city by Crains & is consistently named among the most innovative companies by Fast Company. Pelotons investors include True Ventures, TCV, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, JP Morgan Private Bank, NBC Universal, & Kleiner Perkins. Learn more at onepeloton.com.