At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high-quality food & recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 11 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group & the world's leading meal kit company, active in 18 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes & fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy, & sustainable options.
The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: Green Chef, EveryPlate, Chefs Plate, Factor_, & Youfoodz.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Lawyer with an analytical background to join our dynamic Legal team. Were looking for someone who is a strong problem solver, knowledgeable, approachable & proactive. You enjoy delivering on time & take pride in your work.
About the job
We are looking for a junior-mid level commercial solicitor who will act as a trusted legal advisor to the business, providing high-quality legal advice on a wide range of commercial issues & projects at all stages within a fast, innovative, & exciting environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience of reviewing & negotiating a variety of commercial contracts, including in the following areas: marketing, logistics, IT/technology, & procurement. Ideally you will have some experience of working for a retailer, FMCG or consumer facing business.
The successful candidate will join our UK legal team, reporting into our UK General Counsel & Data Protection Officer supporting the legal needs of HelloFresh UK & Ireland, along with close collaboration with Group Legal in Germany & global subsidiaries.
This role offers a unique opportunity to gain exposure to & support all key business areas at the worlds leading online meal kit business working closely with: marketing, brand, product, logistics, customer care, technology & finance on a wide range of commercial legal matters.
What you will be doing:
As our Commercial Counsel, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing, drafting, & negotiating a wide variety of legal documents & contracts from NDAs to long-term multi million pound contracts (including a wide range of performance & growth marketing contracts), direct & indirect procurement agreements, data protection agreements, hire purchase agreement, along with much more.
- Working with stakeholders across the business at all levels from entry-level roles up to global management.
- Supporting the development of processes, know-how, templates, & precedents across the legal team.
- Keeping abreast of legal developments impacting the commercial & transactional side of the business & providing training where appropriate, including on CAP Codes & ASA Guidance
- Contract Management: assist with the implementation of a new contract management & reporting system to be rolled out across the Group.
- Corporate / Company secretarial: provide company secretarial support & advise on Group policy & compliance documents.
- Internal policies & guidance: support with the review of existing policies & guidance documents & the creation of new documents, where required.
- Data Protection: in depth knowledge of GDPR & data protection legislation required to assist the Customer Care team & marketing teams with data protection issues. The successful candidate will also assist the DPO with their compliance & reporting duties.Knowledge management: monitor legal developments across relevant areas of law, including in relation to subscription products & e-commerce, disseminating the information to peers & the business in a pragmatic, approachable & commercial manner.
Who you are:
- UK qualified solicitor NQ to 5 years PQE.
- Training & previous experience in reviewing, drafting & advising on a wide range of commercial contracts within a respectable in-house role or law firm.
- Good understanding of the evolving regulations particularly relating to data privacy & advertising/marketing standards to be able to provide effective advice to the business.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, team player with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Strong attention to detail as well as a commercial mindset with an ability to explain matters clearly & simply to non-legal stakeholders.
- You have a good understanding of the evolving regulations particularly relating to data privacy, ESG & marketing standards.
- You will be able to work with autonomy as well as being a strong team player within the legal function & the wider business.
- A great communicator. With sound interpersonal skills & strong written & verbal communication, you are able to influence business stakeholders
- You are organised & able to work autonomously where necessary
- You have a can-do attitude & passion for our business & our ethos
- Evidence of being a self-starter who is good at identifying problems & proactively remedying them.
What You Will Get In Return
- 70% off HelloFresh or Green Chef boxes
- Company pension scheme
- Gym membership
- Bupa private medical insurance (including dental & family cover options)
- Bippit account - financial support
- Free professional development & coaching memberships
- Mental health first aiders & an employee assistance programme
- Eye care scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Group Life Assurance
Location: The Fresh Farm, 60 Worship Street, EC2A 2EZ
Next steps: Your application will be reviewed & if successful, a member of the Talent Acquisition Team will be in touch within 2 weeks.