BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
The Data & Analytics team focuses on collecting data, curating data, & discovering insight to grow & engage with BuzzFeeds audiences. The team is data-driven & results-focused. We are seeking a talented Data Quality Analyst who thrives at the intersection of data, creativity, & business.
The Data Quality Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy & completeness of data across our organization. They will work with teams to establish & document data quality standards, create & maintain data quality control processes, & monitor data for compliance with standards. The Data Quality Analyst will also be responsible for communicating data quality issues & resolutions to stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have strong SQL skills, & be able to effectively communicate with stakeholders of all levels.
You have a strong technical & analytical background with a disciplined approach to data quality. You are dedicated to ensuring ethical & thoughtful data decisions are made. Opportunity to learn & become a thought leader in data quality, playing a core role in defining quality strategy at BuzzFeed This position is full-time as part of the Data & Analytics team with members in Los Angeles, New York, & remote. Our team is remote first with optional in-person offices in New York & Los Angeles
- Validating the integrity, accuracy, & quality of data used for analysis
- Setting up alert systems & procedures to ensure data quality issues are communicated & addressed
- Proactively identifying & advocating for opportunities where data quality could be improved
- Updating Materialized Views & reporting tools, like Looker, to improve data quality
- Creating & maintaining documentation about our data & data quality practices
- 2+ years of experience with SQL querying & analyzing data
- 1+ years of experience designing data quality test plans & testing strategy
- Ability to process, model, & analyze large data sets
- Detail oriented, organized, & meticulous problem solver
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced SQL, experience using Materialized Views, Advanced Joins, Partitioning, Window Functions, etc.
- Experience with Looker/LookML development
- Experience with Git/Version Control
- Experience with BigQuery
- Experience with Python, R, or other scripting languages
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.