Type: Full time
Min. Experience: 3+ years
Who We Are
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, raised over $570 million from leading venture & growth technology investors, & been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
Our web stack uses NodeJS/Express, React+Redux & Docker amongst many others. Our mobile stack uses a blend of Objective-C, Java & React Native for iOS & Android.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with teams in engineering, business development & client services to deliver groundbreaking products for our clients.
In the first month, you'll:
- start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr delivers breaking news in seconds across mobile, web & inbox.
- get up to speed on our web & mobile stack with overview sessions & deep dives with our team.
- be contributing code to production systems from the get-go.
Within 3 months, youll:
- develop features in the web, mobile & service layer across many apps.
- be sharing responsibility for several apps & shared components with your team.
- help to plan new features & architecture improvements.
- begin to take more of a role in mentoring new members of the growing team.
Within 6 months, youll:
- be designing significant features that impact multiple platforms & apps.
- be influential in the direction of the teams technical roadmap, introducing new concepts & practices that improve the experience of clients & streamlines developer experience.
- grow a diverse team to make sure we have the right mix of skills, experience & approach for the future.
Why you should work here:
We recognize & reward hard work with:
- Competitive compensation package including company equity.
- Paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401 (k) savings plan with company matching.
- Flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking, & dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self & support you with
- A diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- Opportunities to own & drive critical projects
- Daily catered lunch
- Individual Learning & Development fund & professional training
- Generous leave & flexible hours
- Daily catered lunch & a fully stocked kitchen
- And More!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.