Scale matters. When it comes to our video platform, scale means ingesting tens of thousands of hours of video a day, & serving thousands of videos every second.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing Media Processing & Delivery team at our New York City headquarters. Responsible for our Media Transcoding & Delivery Systems, the Media Processing & Delivery team is responsible for the ingest of over 20,000 videos per day, as well as serving nearly 2 billion requests daily for content. On a daily basis, JW Players Delivery System serves over a Petabyte of video per day! Our tech stack includes modern languages & technologies such as: Python, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, S3. Weve used these technologies to build a variety of modern applications & systems - including building entire pipelines around high volume messaging systems. Our platform also includes a number of containerized services, & we continuously integrate & deploy against our container orchestration service.
The right candidate will relish the opportunity to build highly scalable, performance oriented systems around Media workflows. This means designing the processes & building the APIs, infrastructure, pipelines, testing, monitoring, & all other tooling you feel is necessary to ship code frequently of the highest possible caliber.
As a member of the Media Processing & Delivery Team, you will:
- Contribute to the architecture of a production-scale service layer
- Build features which serve customer-driven product goals
- Code as part of a highly technical team in a fast paced, agile environment
- Prototype new ideas & explore new solutions to the growing list of problems the platform solves
You have the skills to be successful in this role if you have:
- 3+ years of software development & engineering
- A degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field; or experience equivalent
- Proven track record of ownership of maintainable, stable & scalable software
- Experience with microservices architecture: designing, creating, deploying, testing & monitoring
- Experience doing test-driven development (TDD) and/or behavior-driven development (BDD)
- Strong database design & RDBMS concepts, experience doing domain-driven design
- Strong understanding of source control management systems
- Strong Unix/Linux skills
It is a plus if you have:
- Contributed to existing open-source projects as well as your own
- Experience building scalable systems with cloud infrastructures like AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with event-driven or message-driven architecture
- Knowledge of video encoding, ad networks, content management platforms, and/or streaming protocols
- Experience with web video
- Experience with Docker and/or Linux Containers
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago & continues to innovate as the worlds largest network-independent platform for video delivery & intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, & Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types & sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver & monetize their content across all devices. JW Players massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights & generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London & Eindhoven, & was named to Deloittes Technology Fast 500 in 2017. For more information, visithttp://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.