1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, Amazon, MLB.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
We are looking for a results-oriented, hands-on, & user-centered Sr. Product Manager, Messaging Platform, to help scale our growth. You will own a critical area of our platform, create a strategic roadmap, & lead a cross-functional team.
This role will be highly strategic & will have significant visibility across the organization. You must be passionate about leading teams, driving business results, & operating with data-driven analysis.
You will be working on scaling a core part of our platform that facilitates communication between our buyers & sellers. You will be empowered to work with Engineering to define the roadmap, drive strategy, prioritize & plan initiatives. As a critical member of our organization, you have the opportunity to shape our overall product strategy & impact our business goals.
What youll do
- Create & lead the strategy, roadmap, & day-to-day management of our Message Center team
- Define requirements, goals & success metrics for respective product launches, including designing A/B tests (where applicable)
- Integrate user research, market analysis, analytics & community feedback into product requirements
- Work closely with design, research, engineering to build & iterate on key features
- Evaluate existing pain points & analyze our buyer funnel to shape roadmap & product enhancements
- Partner with a wide range of stakeholders & serve as a cross-functional leader to drive new product initiatives
- Manage projects using agile methodologies
What youll bring
- Have 4-6 years of product management experience, ideally in 2-sided marketplaces
- Experience working on messaging platforms or communication tools is a plus
- Analytical skills, experience using qualitative & quantitative data to make product decisions (including experience running A/B tests)
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to break down complex problems & communicate effectively across different functions to identify potential solutions
- Demonstrated ability to plan, iterate, & scale complex projects
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive effective decision-making
- Experience building, iterating & scaling products
- Strong analytical skills to analyze feature performance & the ability to make tradeoffs
- Project management & multitasking ability to juggle projects
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.