The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines & voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, & Jaguar Land Roveras well as organizations like the U.S. State Departmenttrust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites & across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is seeking a User Experience Technologist to join a growing creative team tasked with providing the best experience for our customers. As part of the product strategy group, you will partner with designers, product managers, & front-end engineers to solve complex problems by crafting thoughtful, useful & usable user experiences for our software platform.
IMPORTANT: All candidates must include a portfolio with personal design and/or engineering contributions or work samples. Otherwise, the application cannot be taken into consideration.
What Youll Do
- Take an active role in establishing UX prototyping as a core capability at Yext
- Work on a variety of projects, across a range of stacks, supporting various product initiatives impacting both Yexts platform experience as well as consumer-facing interfaces
- Collaborate closely with designers & product leads in concept development & design iteration
- Translate ideas & concepts into sophisticated & interactive prototypes to explore & test new features & products
- Serve as a bridge between design & development, ensuring that design vision is maintained through thoughtfully written, production-minded code
- Inform & contribute to Yexts centralized UX component library
- Stay up-to-date with & display knowledge of the latest in web technologies to optimize efficiencies & improve user experiences
- Develop custom tools & automations to help expedite design & business objectives
- Effectively present team work, with clear communication about intent & process
- Contribute to user experience best practices & act as an experience evangelist to the company
What You Have
- BA/BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Interaction Design, or related technical field
- 1-3 years of professional experience in web-based interaction design / development (enterprise or SaaS software preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in independently developing interactive prototypes
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly iterate on prototypes & work under tight deadlines
- Expertise with interactions, transitions, & animations using a variety of tools & libraries - GreenSock, Lotti, Anime, React-Spring, Framer Motion, Pop Motion, Hero, etc.
- Experience working with Design & Prototyping Tools like Sketch, Figma, XD, InVision, Framer, ProtoPie, Principle, etc.
- Experience working with dynamic data-driven visualization libraries - D3, Recharts, Victory, React-vis, Chart.js, etc.
- Experience with Git/Github & common Git workflows
- Experience with package managers (NPM, Yarn), task managers & build (Webpack) tools
- Experience working with APIs
- Passion for design & the intersection of design & technology
- Ability to juggle multiple projects & competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, dedicated, detail-oriented, & organized
- High level of empathy; ability of to relate to users from various perspectives
- Excellent leadership, communication, & teamwork skills
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.