Director People & Culture, Corporate
As the Director of People & Culture, Corporate (based in New York City), youll partner with operational leaders on all people matters, from organizational design to managing the talent portfolio to operational recruiting. This includes all the people work necessary to open a new location & ensure its ongoing successful operation, supported by a centralized People & Culture team with centers of excellence.
As the main P&C point person in the operation, your primary responsibilities are recruiting, employee relations, & change management. Youll execute corporate initiatives to increase employee engagement, decrease turnover, bolster employee & manager satisfaction with P&C, & drive successful hiring. Metrics that measure your success include: employee engagement (per the Gallup Q12), regrettable turnover, manager & employee satisfaction with P&C, & our talent acquisition index (time to fill & candidate quality).
- Growth company DNA: building & scaling are in your bones
- Alignment with Convenes core values: genuine, relentless, integrity, & teamwork (GRIT)
- Progressive, innovative, open-minded attitude
- Raw talent: both IQ & EQ
- Coaching approach to leadership & communication
- Demonstrated quantitative success as an HR business partner in a high-growth environment
- Experience with volume recruiting for line & corporate roles
- Understanding of legal & other issues prevalent in the modern employment climate
Convene is a progressive, technology-, design-, & hospitality-driven real estate platform that delivers first class, amenitized meeting & work spaces to premium clients. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
Other recent accolades include:
- 2017-2019 Certified Great Place to Work
- 2018 Fortune Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- #30 in 2017 LinkedIn List of Most In-Demand Startups
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee
- Supportive work environment & leaders who are focused on your professional growth
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth. Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Flexible PTO & family leave
- 401k match
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, & perspectives.