Expedient is a provider of multi-cloud platforms, hosting, security and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions. Named VMwares Americas Cloud Partner of the Year & acknowledged in Gartners Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service, Expedients solutions help to ease clients transition to the cloud, enabling them to focus on strategic business innovation while the Expedient team handles operation of the information technology needed to support it. This is a high-growth industry offering layers of opportunity to grow your career.
Expedient is looking for ambitious & dedicated talent to join our team as a Business Development Representative. We foster an environment that allows employees to grow & to be compensated for their effort & success.
Direct applicants only; sponsorship is not provided
The Business Development Representative is responsible for prospecting & setting qualified appointments for the Account Executive team. They will leverage cold calling, email, social networking, sales & lead generation tools, events, programs & various platforms, to identify & qualify prospects.
- Set qualified sales appointments for Account Executives for further development & closure
- Daily outreach via phone, email or social networking / media to new prospects within the existing Salesforce database & maintaining active engagement with prospects until they are qualified
- Perform research on companies as a component of lead generation & qualification activities utilizing the web & other research tools available
- Accurately enter, update, & maintain daily activity & prospect information in Salesforce, including comprehensive & up-to-date client information
- Attend & engage prospects at networking events, IT meetups & other local programming opportunities
- Work with the Market Vice President to identify key targets within their assigned geographies for outreach campaigns
- Work collaboratively with our Demand Generation Team in Marketing to identify opportunities not currently within the Salesforce database
- Utilize social network tools to push Expedient news, press releases, & other public content for business development purposes
- Review analytics from monthly email campaigns & follow up on areas of opportunity
- Consistently achieve or exceed your monthly & quarterly performance targets for activity metrics & qualified appointments
- 1 to 2 years of prospecting experience in a B2B market, preferably in technology
- Bachelors degree preferred but not necessary
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Microsoft Office & other sales tools
- Knowledge of social networking (LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills; organized & detail oriented
- Must successfully pass pre-employment screens
- Must have a valid driver's license & provide proof of current personal automobile insurance to comply with company policy.
A successful candidate will exhibit the following traits, skills & knowledge:
- Natural ability to connect with people via phone & in person
- Ability to be persistent & answer objections
- Strong willingness to learn & adapt turning training & feedback into action & self-improvement
- Good research skills & the ability to translate information into resonating statements
- Highly organized & timely with follow-up
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT Expedient was awarded a Top Workplace for a fifth year in 2019. We make education & training available to our employees through a robust, employee-driven training & tuition reimbursement program. Additional benefits include generous paid time off, top-tier, affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with a generous match & a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. Expedient is committed to providing its employees with an environment that promotes collaboration with both team & individual success. To apply, please submit your resume & a cover letter explaining your interest.
If this isnt the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Please share the following link so they can view/apply for this or any of our other current job opportunities: expedient.com/careers.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.