Engineering at Boxed!
At Boxed, our Engineering team builds the technology powering our world-class e-commerce platform & SaaS products, spanning everything from Catalog to Orders & Fulfillment. Being part of Boxeds Engineering team means youll work with wicked-smart individuals from all over the world who contribute as engineers, product & program managers, designers, & data scientists. Every day our Engineering team innovates in the depths of e-commerce with the latest technologies & were excited to welcome engineers who are ready for the challenge & know how to think outside the box!
About the Role
We are looking for talented Senior Backend Software Engineers to join our Backend Services team. The teams primary mission is to build value into the overall e-commerce platform with a focus on enhancing our storefront websites & apps through well designed & documented APIs and/or Backend Services. The team is also responsible for creating & maintaining various integrations with internal & external systems. As part of this team, we expect our software engineers to ensure that all services are built to be performant, reliable, scalable & reusable.
As part of this effort, we are looking for multiple Senior Software Engineers to join our team. The ideal individuals will have a solid understanding of Node.js & Typescript & practical experience developing backend services in a large-scale, distributed, cloud-based environment.
Please note that we are seeking experienced Software Engineers with at least 4 years of professional experience.
Where you'll be
- Our engineering team is fully remote, enabling our team to find a situation that works best for them!
- If you prefer an office to home, no problem! We have an office in New York. Many team members choose to go into the office with a hybrid working model.
- Working hours? We operate within the US time zones for collaboration & meetings & ask that all employees be working during those times.
What youll do
- Develop, test, & deploy APIs & event-driven processes using Node.js & Typescript onto Google Cloud Platform
- Think big & boldly as we collectively drive toward providing the best global e-commerce platform
- Design & implement solutions that provide immediate & long-lasting value to our customers, partners, & employees
- Collaborate with our product teams in domain-driven, cross-functional teams
- Improve the performance, reliability, observability, & scalability of our existing systems
- Write clear documentation & thorough automated tests to ensure code stability & to reduce maintenance burden
- Review your peers code to both teach & learn while increasing the quality of our software
- Take responsibility & diagnose production incidents, from triage to post-mortem
- Help lead projects from discovery to UAT
Who you are
- You have excellent analytical & problem-solving skills with a healthy experimental attitude
- You are constantly learning & adapt quickly
- You sport strong communication skills it will be necessary for you to communicate your work to the rest of the engineering team through many mediums including documentation, presentations, & intra-team workshops
- You have experience teaching or mentoring in any capacity
- You dig into production issues for breakfast
- You can thrive in a fully remote organization
What you know
- You have a bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent, relevant work experience
- You have demonstrated results & products from 4+ years of relevant experience, including leading projects
- You have shipped backend applications using NodeJS
- You have strong database skills (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, SQL)
- You know what we mean when we say, event-driven communication
It would be especially nice if you had experience with
- Distributed Systems (eg. Micro-services, Event-Driven Architecture)
- CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins)
- Cloud infrastructure & containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
Dont meet all of our requirements? Not a problem. Were always looking for fast learners who may have taken a less than standard path or dont fit the exact skillset mentioned above. Please apply anyways & show us why youre awesome!
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee-centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, regular company-wide events, & lots of other perks just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!